Topic: Perhaps The Most Absurd Article of All Time....

/Guitar Hero Video Game/

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/101746 … t_count=20

Give everything but up.

Re: Perhaps The Most Absurd Article of All Time....

Wow.  Couple of thoughts...

1.  Kid's parents should be slapped down a flight of stairs for being an extra special kind of dumb.
2.  There is something seriously wrong with a world where lots of talented musician starve on the streets while *anyone* gets paid $80K to play a freaking video game.
3.  Kid's parents should be drug back up flight of stairs by their hair, and kicked back down again for good measure.

That is all.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

Wow.  Couple of thoughts...

1.  Kid's parents should be slapped down a flight of stairs for being an extra special kind of dumb.
2.  There is something seriously wrong with a world where lots of talented musician starve on the streets while *anyone* gets paid $80K to play a freaking video game.
3.  Kid's parents should be drug back up flight of stairs by their hair, and kicked back down again for good measure.

That is all.

Jerome, a little more eloquently put that I could have managed, but my thoughts exactly.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Here, here.  My thoughts exactly.  Many parents have lost control of their children these days.  I see it every day.  It's sad, really.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Just plain sad no other words to describe it

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The 1 kid said he made 25,000.00 in 8 years....Thats a whopping 3,125 a year...Thats not even enough to support the crack habit his parents are on...Gonna have to find a 2nd job dude...

Professional Video Game Player.

This is a job title that defies description.  Then again, there are professional fishermen.  Figure that out. 

The parents have got their priorities skewed.  No question about that.  And no, despite the assertion in the article, the facts do not make the statement any less ridiculous. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

professional fishermen have a lot less fun than we do, professional gamers at $3K/year are not having fun.

Maybe Jerome's parents don't like him either.

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

Yes, but then the kid has time to make his mistakes, take the knocks and the tears - and still make a come back before he's 20. Wish I still had that option !

It reminds me of the dreams some of us had way back. I remember one group of kids in my year at school who flunked out, because they knew they were going to be the next big thing in Punk. They weren't ; many tutted ; they moved on. One of them's a successful producer - at the BBC.

Not sure how it is in the states, but there are options available here to retrain and rediscover your potential without necessarily needing the cash. Let's not break that butterfly upon the wheel.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

I heard an interview with this young man and his parents on National Public Radio a few days ago. It all seems rather odd to me . . . the parents sounded like well-meaning idiots.  The kid is driven to succeed (and that is good) but I wish he would channel his efforts on something less thoroughly stupid than Guitar Hero.

On the positive side - the creative folks at Nintendo have figured out how to make total idiots pay money to play air guitar!

Maybe in the near future Nintendo will come up with a game where you buy this plastic nose and then earn points for picking virtual boogers out of it . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

11 (edited by last_rebel 2008-08-23 20:23:15)

James McCormick wrote:

I heard an interview with this young man and his parents on National Public Radio a few days ago. It all seems rather odd to me . . . the parents sounded like well-meaning idiots.  The kid is driven to succeed (and that is good) but I wish he would channel his efforts on something less thoroughly stupid than Guitar Hero.

On the positive side - the creative folks at Nintendo have figured out how to make total idiots pay money to play air guitar!

Maybe in the near future Nintendo will come up with a game where you buy this plastic nose and then earn points for picking virtual boogers out of it . . .

Well have you seen the Wii?? 50 bucks a game to do jumping jacks or pretend to open soda cans and such mindless dribble that you could easily do for real, except nobody wants to becuase I mean whats fun about jumping in place and opening a can you cant even drink out of. And playstation had that awful game you had to pay 45 dollars for to be able to stand in front of the game and see yourself on screen, and what did u get to do?? dance around with the floaty bubbles and poke stuff....
Its amazing how if you put something average intoa  video game kids think its fun lol
OH! and by the way there IS a game where for one of the bonus rounds you have to pick a virtual nose.... ahh the modern age of electronics. Maybe some kid can make a career out of that haha

All You Need is Love smile