Topic: The "Guitar Man has died

Yesterday Jerry Reed, known as the "Guitar Man" passed away due to a lenghty illness. He was one of the guitar greats. He wrote songs for played behind Elvis, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Chet Akins and many more. He was an actor who played along side Burt Renolds in all the Smokey and the Bandit movies. He also had several #1 hits of his own.

Nela

Re: The "Guitar Man has died

Look up "Jerry's Breakdown" on You-Tube.  Chet Atkins, the man repeatedly named the best acoustic guitarist of the year by Guitar and Acoustic Guitar magazines, is watching Jerry Reed's fingers trying to pick up some tips.  It's cool to see that the pros do this as much as we campfire pickers. 

He'll be missed.  From all reports I've read or heard, he was the genuine article and none of that persona you saw in front of the camera was a put on.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhneb … re=related    here ya go!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

4 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-09-06 16:43:19)

here ya go! and here's one more unbelievable !!!!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qOGiW-y-V … re=related

"Growing old is not for sissies"

5 (edited by last_rebel 2008-09-06 22:54:22)

aw man I hadn't even heard.... the man with the golden thumb.Nice links btw russel.

All You Need is Love smile

Years ago I had a cassette tape of Jerry Reed. I remember songs like "Bandit", "When Your Hot Your Hot", "Ledgend",

"Mule Skinner Blues", "Amos Moses",  "Trying On Stuff", and "East Bound and Down", The Guitar Man will be Missed.

Badeye.

one caper after another

East Bound and Down... Great Tune smile

A true good ole boy

RIP Jerry

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)