Topic: Little Feat (and friends) - Join the Band

OK, Little Feat is one of my all time favorite bands. There is no telling how much great music the world missed due to Lowell George's untimely death. The remaining members have continued to tour (with several different line ups) through the years and I have enjoyed seeing them in many small venues. They have put out some great tunes "post George", but never to the success that they enjoyed in their prime.

Well, I just got their newest CD on Friday - "Join the Band". It's a collaboration or "tribute" album with several guests. Dave Matthews, Vince Gill, Bob Seger, Chris Robinson (Black Crowes), Emmylou Harris, Sam Bush - all produced by Jimmy Buffett. An absolutely fantastic CD from the first track to the last. Check out some samples here:

http://www.littlefeat.net/index.php?page=joinband

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Little Feat (and friends) - Join the Band

"Feats Don't Fail Me Now"  Is a tune that brings back memories of my mispent youth,what a guitar player Lowell George was,

Thanks Top, I will check it out.

Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Waiting for Columbus is my favorite live album. When Lowell died I thought they lost it. I bought their first album post Lowell (Let it Roll???) on cassette (yes kids no CD). After that I sort of lost track of them. It's a shame what cocaine and whiskey can do to a talented slide player!!!! Thanks for the link Top I will definitely check it out.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Thanks for that link, Thats the next C D I buy. Been a while since I heard Little Feat, an old favorite of mine. Someone gave me a cassette tape a while ago, one side was Hot Tuna the other Little Feat, Great tunes .

Take Care.. Badeye cool

one caper after another

A touching bit from the liner notes - written by Bill Payne.

"In Los Angeles, in what would be a full circle experience, I recorded the track "Trouble" with Inara George, Lowell George's daughter - most of the band had been at the hospital in Maryland the day she was born - we'd been recording Feats Don't Fail Me Now at the time. "Trouble" was a song her mother, Liz, used to sing to her when she was a child. Inara and I ran the song once, then recorded the next run through. We tried once more, but chose the first performance. As we listened to the playback in the control room, I had tears in my eyes. The studio, ....., was where in 1970, the band had recorded Little Feat, our first album on Warner Bros."

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!