Topic: RAPPERS & USED LANGUAGE

What is the public opinion about these guys? A STICKER ON THE ALBUM WITH "EXPLICIT LYRICS"?
1) Is that enough?
2) Do they get airplay?
3) What about the language they use, and let's forget the "explicit lyrics"like MF, B**... the English they speak isn't it ruining the real English language?
If I say to an "Afro-american" nigger I am in great trouble, but they use it all the time.
ARE THEY BETTER THAN US?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: RAPPERS & USED LANGUAGE

Doc, the "EXPLICIT LYRICS" stickers are selling points to most rap fans.  Rap does get some radio play but only edited versions, because of the FCC standards that stations must adhere to.
While it is dominated by Black artists, rap is marketed to White middle class boys,  I think it's  main selling point is that their parents will not like it.
I do belive rappers perpetuate negative steretypes, as they often trade on thuggish Gangster images, and sell it as authentic. 
The use of "the N word" is controversial among the African-Americans as well,  but a White man saying it will always be percived as insulting, and a  racist.   He will definately get into great trouble.  Some Blacks feel their use of the word is disempowering the word, others feel it's ok for them because it is not meant as an insult or racist.