Topic: Help with the lyrics to my song

Hi guys. A week ago I got an email from Roger Guppy asking for lyrics to this chorus he has, and that got me thinking hey I wanna do that. So I found a song I've written that is incomplete and that the more I try to finish can't seem to do it. So I ask for your help. I wrote it on chordpro format to try it out, and that way you can get the feeling of the song and see if you can come up with something. Also that way you can print it and work on it in your spare time. I know the song it's a little depressing but heck that's why I haven't finished it hehe...

If you do decide to send something even if it's just a verse send it to my email so that it leaves the door open for others to come up with their own ideas. I'm leaving you with a verse and a chorus but feel free to just keep the chorus or the verse or a line, whatever works for you. Once I get all the input from you guys I'll pile it and try to make sense of it all.

My email is smart.deedee@gmail.com . You can send your ideas there. Thanks for the imput and the help.

P.S.: This isn't a contest, but I do hope to record it once I get my home studio set for it. Thanks guys wink

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

If I were you, I wouldn't have a problem with the kids in school...

Re: Help with the lyrics to my song

Smart dee dee I just printed out what you have and will see what I can come up with for you im sure there will be others who will contribute, do you have any particular tempo in mind or genre or should we just feel free to add what ever lyrics come to mind? its a good start for a song and thanks for getting the ball rolling with the chopro smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Feel free to add anything you think could help the song.

Now since you're asking, I do have some ideas regarding the tempo and the style but like I said in the original post, you can keep what you feel is right and add in the rest.

In terms of style the song is like indie with a little alternative rock kind of style. Sort of like a Damien Rice song, sombre but melodic. That gives you an idea of the tempo which should be slow to fit that idea.

But don't mind this. Go with what your gut  tells you and whatever comes to mind I'm sure will be great.

Thanks for the help Russ.

If I were you, I wouldn't have a problem with the kids in school...

Jamie how are you comming along with this song,do you have enough lyrics yet? I have been a little busy with some other projects and dealing with my car repairs but I have the chord changes and the lyrics you gave plus mine and when I have a little time before this week ends I will see what I can come up with if you have a you tube link to some song that has the feel of what your looking for or a myspace site post it so I can give a listen smile

As a side note, I check out Damien Rice,,,what a beautiful voice. Russell there are several songs on youtube with this artist to give you an idea about tempo, sound, etc...

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Scott I did check out Damien Rice very good voice and arrangements thanks for the tip smile

fatstrings wrote:

As a side note, I check out Damien Rice,,,what a beautiful voice. Russell there are several songs on youtube with this artist to give you an idea about tempo, sound, etc...