Topic: newbie

Hi all  am new, and know very little, ave started to learn to play the guitar at the ripe ole age of 47 lol( stupid init?) Been learning just about a year now, can muddle through to a few slow songs.
I am struggling with strumming patterns so hoping some day it will just click before i give up sad

I am more into rock n roll 50's style, rockabilly, Country/blues Sounds too.

gonna mooch round the forum now see what help i can find

thanks micky the mooch

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

2 (edited by badeye 2008-10-26 10:22:03)

Re: newbie

Welcome Micky to Chordie, Hang in there, I too just started 2  years ago at 47. It gets better with time. Learning scales have really helped me play better. Lots of resources here to learn.

A fellow Chordian [Southpaw 41] gave me this link,      Guitar Scales @ Chord Book.com          and is very helpful.

Take Care.. Badeye  cool

one caper after another

HI Micky and welcome to chordie im sure you will find a lot of help here,theres a lot of good musicians who will be more then willing to share there knowledge and provide links to helpful tips so feel at home your amoung friends smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Micky, there are many of folk on here in the same situation. Starting late or returning after many years. The most important thing is that you enjoy it. Enjoy the learning. And enjoy the company. There are some great folk involved in this forum, all willing to share knowlege. A fantastic bunch of people.

ENJOY!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

badeye wrote:

Welcome Micky to Chordie, Hang in there, I too just started 2  years ago at 47. It gets better with time. Learning scales have really helped me play better. Lots of resources here to learn.

A fellow Chordian [Southpaw 41] gave me this link,      Guitar Scales @ Chord Book.com          and is very helpful.

Take Care.. Badeye  cool

Hi Micky and welcome to chordie. I teach the ocassional guitar lesson and my best students are the 'older' ones. It's never too late to train 'yer brain and the 'older' students tend to have more drive and better focus on the task at hand. Here are the links badeye referred to;

Here's your backing tracks (***for rehearsal only***)
http://www.jamcenter.com/index.html

Get some good grooves going on this site above (close the window, keep the grooves going, open up the chordbook site  posted below and use the approriate scale(s) .

http://www.chordbook.com/guitarscales.php

Tear it up, enjoy yourself, and grow, grow, grow as a lead guitar player.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Micky

Here is another great site for you for strumming patterns and practice ... www.justinguitar.com
I learned strumming patterns from Justin in about 15-20 minutes and it was great

Happy playing!

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Welcome to the forum, Micky, although there are prolly those who still think of ME as the newbie on this site, and that I prolly do not have the authority to do so.  But what the hey, ya know?

CW Boomer said it!
Working to become a Brain Surgeon or a Rocket Scientist, I forget which...