Topic: Acoustic Recording

Hey.

For the old office x-mas quiz this year, were going to do a round where I play 20 sec's of a song, and then they have to guess what it is... (not very exciting!)

The only way I can seem to record this is on my mac, via its mic. But the acoustic does not seem to sound quite right. Anyone know any good ideas or tips to improve the quality?

thanks

Dr.

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Re: Acoustic Recording

you could get a less expensive karaoke microphone or borrow a microphone and and use a female adapter 1/4 inch(guitar jack plug) to 1/8 inch mono plug from Radio Shack or any electronic department like best buy or office max and plug the mic chord into the adapter and into your sound card mic input in the back of your computer (if you dont have a mixer) but you will still need a program like audacity available from sourceforge.net to process the recording (its free) and I have some tutorials (also free) on how to use it.theres a link to the Audacity download site in the recording section here on Chordie and the link at the bottom of this post (mediafire) is where you can download the tutorials from my account,this program (audacity) is very useful for any future recording work you may wish to do smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks, will give it a look see tonight!

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

4 (edited by Roxysoft 2008-11-01 20:08:34)

Hi,
a couple of years ago I bought a clip-in pickup for my 12-stringed acoustic guitar. I do my recordings without any background noise. These pickups aren't that expensive and very easy to handle. Take your guitar to your local music store and try some. I guess, you'll find good sounding one for your guitar, too.
Audacity is a real good program.

Rox