Topic: What's the opinion on Black Ice?

I know it's not brand new, but I've only recently listened to some of the stuff on AC/DC's new album, Black Ice.  Like I told my friend, they sound the same now as they did back in the 80's, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Man, Angus Young knows how to take like two chords and make a sweet riff (i.e. Skies On Fire).  Anyway, what does everyone else think here?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: What's the opinion on Black Ice?

WELL,

yer mate is right, when you hear this you know instantly it is AC/DC. same sound, same beat, same style but same fantastic songs.
Some songs though if they had a different singer you might think they could be another band. Brain 's voice is just so distinctive and instantly recognizable. The other ongs ye just have to hear the riffs and know who it is. BUT the fourth song on the album "anything goes" does sound a bit like Bruce " the boss" springstein's "Darlington County. Not a bad thing as I love that song.

They have really managed to hit it off yet again with this album. ONly thing that annoys me is they have not mentioned Scotland in their tour this time. And with the two brothers being born in Scotland I think they should have insisted they play here.

I heard on the radio the other day a conversation that went on with the producer of Black ice an a few of the members of the band. He asked them if they had ever thought of giving up. Angus said he would when he couldnt play. Brian Johnston by the sounds of it took it the wrong way and moaned back at the producer telling him he was 61 years old and if anythone thought that he could not cut the albm ten to tell him there and then and he would go. No one answered and they walked into the studio to make the album.

I do hope they come back to Glasgow.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending