Topic: Good Music theroy books/DVD's

Does anyone know of some good theroy books or dvd's on scale structure and the relitivity to playing leads?

Thanks Eddie

Re: Good Music theroy books/DVD's

I think one book that is a must have for all guitarist is a book called "The Chord Wheel" written by a man named Jim Fleser. I ran across his book several months back at a library, and ever since then I found myself thinking about his book.

I finally broke down and bought it, and it was the best twelve or so bucks I've ever spent on theory. Bar none this is one the most valuable and essential tools you will come across. And as far as giving one the ability to compose in key, I hate to sound like a billboard for the man, but I have to give it up for Jim, he makes it simple, and that goes a long way in teaching anyone theory.

His web address is www.chordwheel.com

Please let me know if this helps you like it has helped me. I wouldn't recommend anything I haven't tried myself and I'm sure it won't disappoint you.

Best Regards

Cobalt 29

idiots guide to music theory is a good one, it doesn't have much about guitars in it, but it has everything you need to know about scales and... well music theory.

a better book especially for guitar players is everything you need to know about guitar scales, it starts at the beggining, and goes through all the scales, variations, and specialized scales (like blues and country) i also love that it has "studies" or little diddies that use a certain scale.

anyway good luck!

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Hey thanks you guys. I have ordered the Chord Wheel. It should be here any day. I can't wait. I will probably order the other one for guitar.