Topic: Let's not forget about Thanksgiving...Please!

I just thought that I would post a public service announcement for the people in the US who have apparently forgotton about Thanksgiving (or at least the meaning of it...it's more than a couple days off to watch terrible football...sorry Lions fans). There have been houses in my town that have had their Christmas lights hung and lit for the last week already! I just wanted to remind everyone that we do have a lot to be thankful for, especially here in the US, and we should take a little time between our two most materialistic holidays (Halloween and Christmas) to reflect on how lucky we actually are. It's fine if you want to hang the lights before it gets too cold, but please leave them off before Thanksgiving! I love Christmas, I just don't think we should forget to give thanks for all of the things that make Christmas special. And finally, maybe if we stop to think about all we have to be thankful for, we may be willing to share some of our good fortune with those less fortunate to make their Christmas more special as well.

So, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Drive safe and enjoy the time with your families!

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Re: Let's not forget about Thanksgiving...Please!

crowellb wrote:

I just thought that I would post a public service announcement for the people in the US who have apparently forgotton about Thanksgiving (or at least the meaning of it...it's more than a couple days off to watch terrible football...sorry Lions fans). There have been houses in my town that have had their Christmas lights hung and lit for the last week already! I just wanted to remind everyone that we do have a lot to be thankful for, especially here in the US, and we should take a little time between our two most materialistic holidays (Halloween and Christmas) to reflect on how lucky we actually are. It's fine if you want to hang the lights before it gets too cold, but please leave them off before Thanksgiving! I love Christmas, I just don't think we should forget to give thanks for all of the things that make Christmas special. And finally, maybe if we stop to think about all we have to be thankful for, we may be willing to share some of our good fortune with those less fortunate to make their Christmas more special as well.

So, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Drive safe and enjoy the time with your families!

Well said! I realize Thanksgiving is an American holiday but we all should be thankful each and every day.Every day is a gift! That's why it's called the present!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Let's remember what the first Thanksgiving was about.  It was giving thanks that they were still sucking air.  Things were not that great.  Lots of the first wave of settlers had died.  Others had taken sick and recovered but were weakened.  They were happy just to be alive, and more than a little unsettled at the thought of another winter.  So, what'd they do?  The sensible thing.  They had a party. 

If you are alive to read this message, then you have something to be thankful for.  Have a party.    Patuxet are optional.   Pumpkin pie is mandatory. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy Thanksgiving to all. In Canada we have our thanksgiving day on October 25th. Great to spend the day with family and be happy with what we have. No need for greed or material things, happy to be alive.

Have a great day,... Badeye cool

one caper after another

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
                          getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

I dont know exactly when this day is, but i know it is sometime in November ( I keep asking this every year though, sometime I might remember after a year)

Happy thanksgiving to all you Americans out there and hope the cadadians had one too.
I have my own thanksgiving every weekend.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken -

Fourth Thursday in November.  Friday is the traditional kick off to the Christmas shopping season and is known in the retail trade as "Black Friday".  Often 1/3 to 1/2 of the entire year's revenue comes between now and Christmas.  Many retail personnel spend 14 hours or more on their feet without breaks on Black Friday.  I am SO glad that I'm out of that line of work. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I never heered of those "Cadadians" do they drive Cadilacs in Canada? lol 

upyerkilt wrote:

Happy thanksgiving to all you Americans out there and hope the cadadians had one too.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Happy Thanksgivings to all my American friends smile and yes in cadada we drive old cadalacs equipped with real fancy caduberators. lol

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Russell_Harding wrote:

I never heered of those "Cadadians" do they drive Cadilacs in Canada? lol 

upyerkilt wrote:

lol
yea so you have heered of them then?

Sorry to the Canadians if anyone took offence I am such a lazy typer smoetimes. I should go back and check my typos/spelling/mistakes etc.... See I will not even go back and ammend the word " smoetimes"

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending