Topic: hard chords, made easy???? pleeease

Hi I am tying to learn a song, with mostly easy chords, E A D, but there is a F#m in it and I can't play it for my life, does anyone know a similar sounding chord that is easier to play. The song is This Is My Rebel Song by Sinead O Connor.

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

Re: hard chords, made easy???? pleeease

Ha, found it, I think good old D, seems to fit in quite nicely, any more suggestions????

If you transpose the song down a full tone then E becomes D. A becomes G. D becomes C and F#m becomes Em.

If you need to play it in the same key then put a capo on the 2nd Fret while playing the new chords.

Al V

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

i tend to just go for it if its an akward chord sooner or later ul get it all the time there is no point skipping you allways need to be chalengeing ureself otherwise you just wont get better youl get into a comfort zone i bet after 1 or 2 weeks of trying the F#M  youl be hitting it no problem and all the better for putting ure time into it.

Royston

Practice,Practice,Practice.
Ive been hearing this for 2 years now.
But it's true.
Always remember( WHY ) you picked up the Guitar !!!!!!!
This will help modivate you to not give up on those hard chords
I'm playing songs now I only dreamed of playing 2 years ago.
Cheers
Ron

yes i agree, always challenge yourself to go for the i can'ts hon. you'll be a better player for it. take me for example, i could not get the d chord to save my but but i did it. got it now. took a while but i did it finally.

I couldn't agree more with all of these replies. You WILL need to get round to it sooner or later. Some would say the sooner the better.

However

There is nothing quite like being able to play one of your favourite songs. To pick up your guitar and hear something you love coming out of it at your own fingertips. A lot of beginners set a target of being able to play their most favourite song ever. If after a while they (I include myself here) are struggling badly to do this then the confidence goes and the interest starts to fade. If it helps to change the key of a song to find chords that are easier, then why not? It gives the confidence a boost and keeps the interest in the instrument alive. THEN you can move on and add new challenges as you grow.

While I agree that there is no substitute for practice and that it is a MUST, let's have some fun along the way.

Al V

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

F#m???
I cheat.
I just play the three bottom strings on the second fret I tihnk.

cheating is a good idea for this ,lol, especially if it is for your own entertainment. If you are wanting to play it to make something sound bang on right and earn money from it or not, then learn it, take a week learning it.
I have been told all chords are possible with practice.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

There are no hard chords only chords that we must practice harder at. It's not a race...... as I've said before if it was easy everyone would be playing.
Keep at it and remember if you take a shortcut you will only have to face it later.
Good luck

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

cheers everyone, my guitar might be a bit big for me too, it's a Spanish acoustic Admira, can't get my fingers across the frets for some chords, but i love it anyway, thanx again.

hi i am 55 years old and just started playing, its been a year and all i can say is that i never thought i would make a barr chord... i play left handed and my teacher, has me both the e and a barre chords it works just keep plating.. the reason i took it up was so i could be a rock star at the campfires...

Hey boxer! if you click on Resourses, instead of Forum, when your coming here, the first thing you can click on will say LARGE CHORD CHART. I don't know if you've already seen it but, you can click on any chord and it will show you other ways to play the same chord. It really has helped me alot since i've just started playing a week ago big_smile

it takes one to know one. roll

jessica<3

thanx jessica

play as much of the chord as you can - perhaps the top 3 strings

are you using the barre shape

when it feels comfortable barre the bottom strings

dude if you are having a hard time with thoues chords look at you fingers and see if you are doing ainy thing wrong. From kingjosh55 you can also email me at
joshmeadows@verizon.net

on chordie go to recouces than click large chord sheet then scroll down to F chord. when you find f#m click on it and chordie will give you alternate ways to play it.