Topic: What is it called?

I bought an accoustic electric but it is missing the piece that holds the battery in place. Does anybody know what to call it and where I can get one?

Re: What is it called?

What kind of guitar is it?  Is the battery mounted internally or is it located with the electronics in the side of the guitar?  What brand are the electronics?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Ibanez AW 100, the electronics are Ibanez and the battery goes into a plastic piece(missing) and slides into and snaps into the side of the guitar. Once locked in the battery then makes contact and powers the electronics.

Gotcha... I had a AW100 for a while and it was a good guitar smile  More than likely the electronic are fishman...  I'll do some quick checking around and see what I can find for ya....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Ibanez offers replacement parts for most models.... Check this list and find your model, the part you're looking for is the battery box/clip... http://www.ibanez.com/parts/2001_PARTS/ACOUSTIC/AW.HTM  If it has the fishman electronics the part # should be 5ABB10-0R  and if it's not fishman it'll be 5ABB06-1N... Contact ibanez through their website and they can probably send you a replacement... If not contact fishman directly with the part # and they should be able to hook you up smile

Great work Pix, it's nice to have friends in the know.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

It looks like it is Fishman AEQ SS so now I have the part number. I bought it from Guitar Center and they were supposed to order one and call me but they have not yet. I will call them and if they don't come through I will order it direct. Thanks for the information, that was a lot faster than I could have tracked it down.

Thanks again