Topic: wedding songs

what are nice easy songs to play at a wedding ?

2 (edited by ckphoto 2010-10-24 13:05:30)

Re: wedding songs

I'm not sure what to suggest but here are a couple to avoid...

Brilliant Disguise - Springsteen
The One I Love - REM

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650

One I always mention when this question arises is another Springsteen tune called, "If I should Fall Behind"  When my daughter heard me play this she made me play it at her wedding..

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I think the songs should reflect the people getting married and that you should let them give you a set list or at least some ideas of what musical tastes they have....

Here's a few I played at a wedding a couple of months ago..... They were friends of mine and both are surfers so it was easy for me wink

Waiting on an angel -Ben Harper
Better Together - Jack Johnson
Angel - Jack Johnson
Which way your heart will go - Mason Jennings
Be here now - Mason Jennings
Heart of Life- John Mayer
I will be the one who loves you the most - Brett Dennen
I will keep the bad things from you - The Damnwells
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Dealer Wins - The Beautiful girls
Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits

That's all I can remember at the moment..... I'll see if I can find my set list and share some more later......

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Forever and ever amen.  Of course, it helps if they both have beards and are wearing overalls.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Baby I'm Amazed by Lonestar....I have been playing that lately. I play it in the key of A. There is also a dreaded BM in the song that needs to be played for it to sound right...good luck smile.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain... smile