Topic: She's waiting for what ? Helena Donovan.

I havent posted anything here in ages for lots of reasons. Time being the main reason.
So, heres a self indulgent piece.

She’s waiting for what?

Her thoughts are dappled now
Once clear, so sure, of what?
Life expectation, of one, Him!
It’s not to be, she senses change.

Her  cycle of never achieving
Like a bent spoke in a wheel
Clackety beyond repair, she waits.
  Always waiting, for what?

He gave her hope, a net
To cushion a previous loss,
His reinforcement now
Fraying, she senses change.

Feels it like a second skin
Curses her own sensitivity
Miss direction, actions,
Distraction, Attraction.

No ownership for her love
Seated on her veranda of life,
Her thoughts of Icarus
Keep a distance or get burned,

Reflections now in solitude
Clipped her own wings
Sees life so clearly now
Still she waits, for what?

Thank you as always for taking the time to read.
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: She's waiting for what ? Helena Donovan.

Lena, it sounds as though you got a bit caught up in a man... by now my dear you should know not to put your eggs in one basket, time to get out there and play the field and stop waiting on love.  You know it only comes when you are not looking for it.  Live, laugh, play and THEN love!  smile  ((HUGS))  -- Like Jason of course, I too could be wrong!  LOVELY WRITE!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Another  good  write,  well  done  Dolly.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

my impression is regret. regret for thinking that this man could give you what you needed for the rest of your life, maybe? regret that after giving him everything, he left you with nothing, only memories, some good, some bad. now you regret that you gave him too much...god! i'm making up my own story here.

great write lena, heartfelt with deep emotion

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Once again, Doll, moved by your writing.  So nice to read you here again! - KC

Got me all caught up in this one. I feel like locating the offender and kicking his butt.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

lol

Its my own butt thats needs kicking toots. I am more my own problem then anyones elses.

10 steps forward 20 back.. Its easier sometimes not to have to deal with the whole emotional stuff.

You all have it right in a way. It is about relationships and my hopelessness at trusting another man.

Is it to late for me to be a nun lol where theres none wanted ! Another singing Sister Dominique perhaps  !

Thank you as always, ye are a mighty lot of people to know.

Slan,

Old Doll.

Hi Helena

I read this some time ago but I didn't make comment at the time because it struck home all too clearly with me.  It's so well written and obviously everyone will have their individual reading of it.  I am not ashamed to admit that I cried a little when I thought about the possible meaning because in my case it was like reading a commentary of my own life and the lines

"cycle of never achieving
Like a bent spoke in a wheel
Clackety beyond repair"

had me thinking about my own life - redundant at 52 and the endless job searching.  I have no regrets about my life as I have 3 fine sons to prove I didn't do everything wrong.  One thing that your words did was to make me think about what I am waiting for and I didn't have an answer so I guess the waiting is over.  As my eldest son said, "You might be old but you're not dead yet.

Thankyou

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

lol

Indeed Bolleauxp.  Sure isn't that the truth ! Your  still warm and above the ground still. Your sons are so right. lol

I do believe we go through stages of change with ageing. Having reared my Sons investing time and energy { with pleasure i may add } i'd forgotten how to just be me ! Going through the emotional stuff of letting go was very difficult for me. Now i realize it was also about not wanting to confront being on my own { as such } again. Coming from a large clan i rarely am alone, but my central core gets very lonesome at times.  Theres a waiting feeling ! But as i said "For what "

The rain has just started to pound the windows here this morning, Even the wee birds are running for cover lol  They{ the birds } are professionals at adapting, while we mortals, continue to make life a struggle for ourselves.. We need to observe them  and learn.

I wish you a blessed day. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Its very much appreciated

Old Doll

hi helena i can feel your anguish in this and i'm no agony aunt but i think you should leave the past behind and keep loving those that appreciate you for being you,you deserve better,enjoy your life as you deserve,cos i'm sure all chordies love you as you are,so no need to change,stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

11 (edited by bensonp 2010-12-31 00:39:55)

I am sorry for your sadness, Old Doll.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks Doll ... I needed that!

Hi old doll,I feel like tubatooter,but it will not happen.I do hope you will not go sour against all men because of him. I hope you will fill better soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman