Topic: Strings

how long do good acoustic strings last ?

Re: Strings

depends on the player,the brand of strings,how much and how hard the player is using them,also the time on the guitar. I average a new set every three to four months,and I play about an hour a day. I think everone will be different as to the time. sorry I could not give you a solid time,but you can see the factors involved as how long they will last.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Most standard strings give me about 2 weeks of play time...  Using Elixir nano's gives me 3-4 months between changes.
As stated by Dino, everyone is going to be different depending on how rigorously and frequently they are used. Also how the players chemical make up reacts with the strings... It will also depend on whether or not you keep your guitar cased and how well you wipe the strings down after practice sessions...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I agree w/ pix Iput on a set of Elixir nanos about 3 months ago and they are still good. I use to use Martin's and they only lasted 3-4 weeks. So the Elixir's are a good investment

d'addario-light best I ever used

Completely subjective.  Sometimes you'll have a whole set go dead after x amount of hours. Sometimes one string will sound off for whatever reason.  I can almost predict my own string changes but I could never guess yours.  You'll find your own schedule. In the meantime, buy multiple string sets. Never buy just one set at a time.

Now available in 5G !