Topic: Couple photos from my weekend in the woods

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_N8639F1FxC0/TNcbzeqkR8I/AAAAAAAAED8/ejTXSI6eTrA/s800/Shenandoah%20Valley%20from%20Barflys%20Overlook.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_N8639F1FxC0/TNcb3BjghnI/AAAAAAAAEEA/VCDd2LLovB8/s800/Shenandoah%20from%20Cullers%20Overlook.jpg

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Couple photos from my weekend in the woods

Gorgeous scenery Zurf !  Thanks for sharing the pics!  Where were these taken?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Great shots Zurf - Gotta love the Appalachians in the fall

DOH - now I see on FB these are Alaska!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

These were taken from bluffs along the Shenandoah River in Andy Guest State Park near Bentonville, Virginia.  One of the overlooks I could drive up to and the other one required an aggressive scramble up a steep, rocky bluff.  My buddy and I were geocaching, and these were some of the scenes we came across along the way.  That's no trick of the camera on the one.  The river really does switch back like that.  There are a series of bends for a few miles.  I just never knew there was an overlook where I could see one of the horseshoe bends so clearly.  I've paddled and fished that section a few times in recent years.  It's just about as lovely from down on the river looking up at the bluffs.  I like in the first one where you can see both the Blue Ridge (on the left) and the Appalachian Ridge (on the right) and straight down the Great Valley of Virginia (aka the Shenandoah Valley).  That's about a thirty mile (or ~50km) wide view right there.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

No Jeff, that's the Appalachians.  Some of the other pictures in my Facebook panorama album were taken in Alaska.

Zurf wrote:

No Jeff, that's the Appalachians.  Some of the other pictures in my Facebook panorama album were taken in Alaska.

OK - I see some of the comments were on earlier photos. Glad to know, I was thinking it strange how similar Alaska looked to my mountains. smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Gorogus love the Oxbowl shot

Really some awsome pictures zurf. did you learn how to play any dueling bangoes while you were there?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Truly beautiful Zurf, John Denver was right when he sang ' Almost heaven , West Virginia, Blueridge Mountains , Shennadoah River"...Love the colours of Autumn or as you blokes say , Fall..:) ..its spring here now...

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

Beautiful!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Ah, livin' the life.  Great pics

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My friends live in New Richmond, Ohio.

They had a celebration earlier this year which i was to attend, but couldn't in the end make it there. Shucks !

Those Pictures are STUNNING, i need to rearrange that trip pronto !

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Very Beautiful Pics Zurf. Every state is beautiful in is own way but, the South in my opinion, has a better way.  (smile)   b

and a photog to boot! I share your passions.  Nice stuff.

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650