Topic: Time For New Strings

Saturnday night I was strumming a little too hard and my A string went snap. I have a Johnson JG-100 student guitar. Its got a small body and I've had it for almost 2 years now. The place I bought it from will re-string it for free. I usually get Martin Lights but the luthier at the shop likes to put extra lights on it for whatever reason. Anyway, I am going to drop it off tomoorow and was thinking I would ask for either Elixir Nanowebs (12s) or D'Addario (12s). I will let you know how it turns out.

Re: Time For New Strings

Hi nevets17,as you said you were strumming a little hard,that may have done it .the martins and all the above are good strings. I have never used elixers but I do use D'Addarios. you might consider going a little heaver guage if you plan to do alot of harder playing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Elixers last and have a great sound

I ended up getting the Martin Lifespan SPs 80/20s .011 Custom Light. They sound nice!

Well I just put a pair of Ernie Ball coated phosphor bronze strings on.  .011's.  Eh.  They sound good and have a lot more volume than most .011's, but they don't work so well on my guitar.  I have recalled why I usually use .012s.  The .011s buzz a little on the bridge.  I think the additional tension of the .012s make up just that little bitty bit of difference needed to lose the tinny buzz. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude