Topic: Critique a piece of playing.

I am pretty new-ish to the guitar but have learn most of the basic first position chords and bought a capo and at the moment I kind of play in my comfort zone (which I really need to push myself harder out of).

I apologize if this is the wrong section of the forum but would anyone on here mind critiquing a small piece I put together? I really want to know what some people think who wont just say stuff to please me (i.e friends, family etc etc... after a neutral point of view)

Thanks in advance.

Piece can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCWkj3BcWM

Re: Critique a piece of playing.

Hi jbsoccerbrit
Welcome to Chordie.
The stumming is not bad for a newbie rhythm and timing seem to be ok but It's difficult to hear as the recording is somewhat weak.
You've got a good foundation there it's just a matter of practice as you probally know.
Keep it up.
ark

Yeah it was recorded off of my iphone so it kinda bad recording, thank you for the info smile

Sounds pretty. What chords are you playing?

It sounds good to me.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi jb,I could not hear it to well,but it sounded good for a person who has not played to long. You made a few mistakes but that is not unusual.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

7 (edited by jbsoccerbrit 2010-11-14 01:52:20)

@Nevets17 - It capo'd at the 4th and its Am, C, G, D shapes as its capo'd I know those chords have tech changed. It has a few hammer on's throws in.

@Dino48, yeah its a horrible recording... I had to put my phone right up to my guitar and I have to turn up the volume on my pc myself to really kind of hear it. It has a few mistakes for sure as I was trying to strum loud enough for the phone and ended up ringing out the high E a couple of times heavy handedly.

@bensonp (pete), thank you... Any feed back I can get is great.