Topic: Hi, new member here, and thought I would say HI.

My name is Dwight and all I can say is WOW, am I glad I found this amazing site.

I used to surf a few other sites, but they have become too difficult to navigate for my liking.

History:
Yob '1959, married since '78
Lvg:Poway CA

Started playing piano at age five (forced), guitar at age 13 (Punishment).

Try to practice one day a week for four hours with my buddy in our rendition of a studio.(off and on, but mostly on for 30yrs)
Play rhythm guitar with fills, and he plays lead. (I do know a few leads though) wink
Really enjoy the vibe of getting it right and being in tune.
Have three electric guitars and one acoustic. Also have two upright pianos and one electric (old and beat up--ready to croak).
Blues, R&R, Ballads, C&W and Gospel.
Need to learn newer popular stuff - This place is perfect for my needs.

Never been in public, only in the studio. (I know, what a Hermit, but I only have two friends.)

Just want to say thanks for the great site.

Re: Hi, new member here, and thought I would say HI.

Welcome dwightski.  Perhaps you will be able to expand your friendship circle here with a few virtual buddies.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome again dwightski.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcom dwightski

Hi Dwight and welcome to Chordie. Your post has just brightened my day by giving me a good laugh at myself.

I read your post and thought you were saying that you were a 'yob' until 1978 when you got married.  Let me explain that here in England a 'yob' is 'an aggressive, surly youth' (dictionary definition).

It took a second reading to realise that you meant Year Of Birth. Oh silly me lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Dwightski, hope you enjoy "chordie" as much as i do.

cheers
sinkybhoy

Hi Dwightski,

Glad your aboard, you'll meet great people here with a sense of humor to boot, music, laughs and good people.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Dwightski!  Welcome, you'll find a home here.  It's pretty easy going and they even tolerate me, near as I can tell.  So tell us about these guitars.  What are you playing?

Now available in 5G !

Thanks everyone I look forward to some morning laughs and stories.

@Shout out to Pete!

@Roger - You just made my day! Gruff, Brusque, Abrupt, Short, Curt, Churlish, Rude, Impolite, Discourteous, Disagreeable, Bad-tempered, Truculent, Grumpy, Short-tempered, Irritable, Boorish, Crabby, Unhelpful  -- All the fruits of the spirit, I guess that term could describe me sometimes, especially before coffee.

@Tandm3 - I still have my first electric guitar, a '73 Guild solid body - I modified it about 25 years ago with a Washburn tremolo but I still have the original hardware, it needs a fret change so now it just sits in the corner. I usually play one of my two Ibanez 560's I picked up in 2000 and 2002. My acoustic is an old Takamini six string. I'm a player, I'll finger any guitar I can get my hands on, but I shy away from wide necks.

Dwightski,  I just recently performed my first fret job on a guitar of mine.  I didn't think it was that difficult.  I bought the fretwire and the flush cutter pliers from stewmac.com and finished the job with files that I already had.  I'll never pay for fret jobs again. Maybe you could breath some new life into that Guild?

Now available in 5G !

Welcome again to the forums Dwight!  I'm glad to see you popped in to introduce yourself over here.  GREAT bunch of people and a neat "chordie family" we have here smile  Like Tandm, there's a few others that know a bit about frets... you may just get a ton of info here if you want it... Chordie members have a way of inspiring others to do things they never thought they could before!

Roger... that's FUNNY "YOB", ha ha... I'm going to have to use that on my son LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hey Dwight...  I just started posting on this forum too although I've been on chordie for some time..  absolutely love it and this forum has a great bunch of folks..  hey, they're musicians.. I'd expect nothing less.  deb

hi dwight welcome to chordie you should find every thing you need here,if not just ask,chordie inspired me in writing songs,just can't stop now,i only have to look at or hear something and i start writing,also its helped me develop my guitar playing,best three years of my life on here,just enjoy and have fun....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Dwightski, Also---welcome. Looks as tho you will add spirited thoughts!!!     Mike

Our intuitions serve us well