101 (edited by livebaitman 2007-05-22 20:38:56)

Re: where is everybody from?

David - 54 years young from NC, USA.  Bought an Alvarez 5022 acoustic in '77 and taught myself a bunch of chords and strummed pretty fair.  Lost interest about 3 years later......you know, the marriage and kids thing.  Discovered the Avett Brothers at Merlefest '05.  Rekindled my waning interest in music and life hasn't been the same since.  Dusted off the old Alvarez and a lot came back pretty quickly.  My son bought a Martin DSM about a year ago and of course I had to have one.  Later joined my church praise band and now also taking lessons.  Wish I had not had that 25 year break, but no turning back now.  Slightly addicted to learning all I can.   

My wife of 33 years says I need some professional help for my addiction (not a guitar teacher, either).  It's hard living with someone who is always right.  Oh, yeah, this is a great forum..........and check out the Avett Brothers at - www.theavettbrothers.com- local NC band - all acoustic - warning - habit forming

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

102 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-05-22 21:11:04)

patrick here, I grew up and started playing guitar in the washington dc area. I will soon be 50 and am now living in the montreal quebec area. I stumbled on this site trying to find a song tab. now I find myself here all the time

what a long strange trip it's been

HELLO EVERYBODY im saba and i am from lahore, pakistan... started playing guitar when i was about 10 and then picked it up when i was 15....yeah a long gap...well now i am 18 and have a long road to walk....my dads my teacher....travels worldwide and plays rythm, bass, acoustic ,electric u name it...records also....
im doing my A levels nowadays...

cheers
saba

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

Hi Patrick Jacques

Céad Mile Fáilte to Chordie,

I love all music, but i love the Cajun Sound Music?

Well being Irish Its like "THE GREAT PINT OF GUINNESS," sure its in the blood!

Also My Mam played what we used to call a squeese box.  I Loved the sound!

Who's Cd would you suggest I buy?    or  one you find most enjoyable  to listen to?

Thank You and have a blast with Chordie.

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Why don't everyone update their profiles? Go to the top at this side. Click at Profile, and edit your profile. There you can write where you are from... It will be seen at every message you write in the forum! You can even show a picture :-). Check i out!

Dag! Baltus,

I think its much more fun reading the threads.
Somehow the little snippetts of infomation, can give you an insight into their
personalties ,  and ages! Now speaking of ages  { A certain Moderator Mr Roger Guppy } is hopeless at Maths! Intelligent but the old Malt gets to him some times! Because of this defect in his ability to blend the two Ms
{  Maths+ Malt }
He has become one of My best  Personal friends on Chordie.

Ah yes Badeye was right  {  More  Honey Dipper } then Moderator

Diá Linn,  Baltus   agus Mó Cára Roger!

I am from Baton Rouge, La. I am 42, and just picked up the Guitar. I work in West Africa and have alot of time to practice here in Africa. I really enjoy it and I know a person is never to old to learn to do something they enjoy so much !!!

108 (edited by baltus 2007-05-24 18:26:39)

Old Doll wrote:

Dag! Baltus,

I think its much more fun reading the threads.
Somehow the little snippetts of infomation, can give you an insight into their
personalties ,  and ages! Now speaking of ages  { A certain Moderator Mr Roger Guppy } is hopeless at Maths! Intelligent but the old Malt gets to him some times! Because of this defect in his ability to blend the two Ms
{  Maths+ Malt }
He has become one of My best  Personal friends on Chordie.

Ah yes Badeye was right  {  More  Honey Dipper } then Moderator

Diá Linn,  Baltus   agus Mó Cára Roger!

Dag :-)
I used some time to understand that point. Hahaha...{  Maths+ Malt }..  I have some problems with the combination of intelligence and language.  Your point describes some of the magic of playing! Ages and malt makes no limits (neither does the language)

I can personally recommend the mixture of Malt and Maths if you end up with very charming new friend as I have.

Slán, Mó Cára Old Doll,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Mó Chára,  " Roger"

I understand now what you mean about  " Amy Sky"

"Love Pain and The whole Damn Thing"

She sure ain't no Ladette!

Another one for my  Collection......

Old Doll.

Can't go wrong with Amy Sky. She put out some great music.
Hey roger what are Maths.? Malt is beer or ale? Get me up to speed here. LOL

have a great day... Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi Badeye,

Maths is when you see that someone was born 5 years before 1955 and then calculate their age to be 60.

Single Malt is extremely fine whiskey that goes down like nectar but it does help to cause these miscalculations after you have had a dram or two.

I hope that this information is beneficial to your education and you are now up to speed. lol

Good health,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hello, Ilive in denver area,played 34 yrs since 18 and can play as well as i can type, but can sing as well as i can breathe.

royal palm beach, florida -- where i started an acoustic musicians club

Great to see another guitarist from Perth, here on Chordie. I'm from Perth, Australia.
45 years old and love guitars so much I bought 3 before I decided to give them a bash.
Am a huge KISS fan, hence the username, but anything that sounds sweet to my ear is what I want to play.
Take care all

Thank you Roger. Now I'm going fast. Malt sounds real good.
Saturday morning here and finally have a day off from work.
The sun is out and a good day to be in the garden.Thank you for getting me up to speed. lol.

Take Care.....Badeye.

one caper after another

From Mid-Mchigan,U.S....the state that looks like a mitten.

Go WINGS..and Tigers,Lions and Reading F.C...C'mon Royals

Canadian.  Toronto.  But I moved to Berlin in 1993.  Great city.
Came here for a visit a friend at end of 1989, and FELL IN LOVE with this place.
Took another three years of back-and-forth until I finally settled here.
Toronto is also a great place, very friendly, very pretty, but compared to Berlin,
it's pretty provincial.  I can knock it if I want because I'm from there.

Today, the weather is very hazy, warm and muggy (26°C -   76°F)
Not an action day.

In the old Toronto days, a friend and I used to periodically go to the Chealsea bar that
had the largest variety of single malts in the city.  He wanted to educate me.
Glen Fiddick was supposed to be the best, but, sigh, I never really became a conniseur.
I'd get too drunk to know the difference...

I'm 43 years old and from Trout Creek, Montana.  Just started playing the guitar about a month ago and my fingers are killing me lol.  Howdy!

Craig

Hey, I'm from Durham, England. I've just started playing at the age of 15.

Ryan

hey! i am from INDIA [KOLKATA].perhaps i am the youngest here ,just going to be 15 this year.i started playing acoustic guitar for last 5 or 6 months.i compose & write songs & currently is the member of a band,WAVES...........i am the lead rythm guitarist[though still learning],lyricist& backing vocals...................well lead life the way it should.........rock it & dont miss chances as they never give you another chance...................ENJOY:)

JAG is a an urdu word of persian origin which means the universe.:)

central coast nsw australia....been playing badly for 25 years....muck around with other members at our surf club sunday arvo drinks.....yamaha acoustic and electric and cimar(ibinez) bass.......when i win lotto i want a cole clark fat lady2  or maton 325ec

Hi Core,

Welcome to Chordie!
You Dont need to win the lotto?  Your sending out the wrong Message!
Ask and you shall recieve!

Slán
Old Doll.

Hey all,

I am from Concord, North Carolina, USA.  That's about 20 miles NorthEast of Charlotte.  I do spend time all over the US each week as a pilot.  The guitar goes with me.  Been playing for one month, and no plans to stop.

go skydad, I really admire the fact that you have takin on the guitar. I started the journey 30 some odd years ago and the learnin has never ceased. When I srarted there was no such thing as this chordie. Take advantage of all it has to offer. It's a beautiful thing.......Rock on

what a long strange trip it's been