Topic: The Beatles Live at the Washington Coliseum, 1964

Step back in time... This is cool

On February 11, 1964 — just two days after their historic appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show — The Beatles made history again with their first-ever live U.S. concert at the Washington Coliseum. In front of more than 7000 fans, the group performed hit after hit, including “I Saw Her Standing There,† “She Loves You,† and “I Want to Hold Your Hand.â€

To celebrate the release of all 13 of The Beatles’ studio albums on iTunes, we present that pivotal February 11 performance, streamed here in its entirety.

http://www.apple.com/the-beatles/concert/?ref=nf

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: The Beatles Live at the Washington Coliseum, 1964

My wife and I were married in 1964. Her sister from South Carolina wanted to see the Beatles concert in New Orleans that year. We drove 150 miles to New Orleans to buy tickets. The next week, the three of us went to the Beatles concert.
The concert was at Tulane University football stadium. Every seat in the place was taken.
The Beatles were in the end zone. The bleachers were packed. There had to be 300 policemen on the playing field arranged in three lines - one near the bleachers, another line of cops at about the 50 yard line and a third line of cops near the stage. We could hear the beatles fine but could barely see them all the way back in the end zone.
About five songs into the performance, this fat girl hidden in some bushes behind the stage, rushed the rear of the stage. She made it up onto the stage and just managed to make it up the ladder to the drum riser and grab Ringo Starr's ankle when the cops tackled her and dragged her off.
This incited the audience. All at once, thousands of fans climbed over the barrier fence, jumped down onto the field and rushed the stage. The first line of police were knocked over like ten pins. Then the mob bowled over the second line of cops and flowed right up to the edge of the stage like a huge human wave. The third line of cops held - keeping the crowd off the stage but nobody was going back up to the bleachers . They stood their ground and watched the rest of the concert up close.
I marveled that the Beatles watched this human wave running at them and never missed a beat. There was a semi-truck backed up to the stage with the door open. They could have run in there and pulled the door down to avoid being trampled,
but the band stayed put and kept playing without missing a note. The concert proceeded and a good time was had by all.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: The Beatles Live at the Washington Coliseum, 1964

The only thing thats bad for me is it requires a download of quicktime to view the video I had quicktime on my other pc till I installed the free vlc player I had to delete the program because it compleatly messed up my myspace profile page with advertisment to "upgrade" to bad I would like to see the video but I will not install quicktime on my vista unfourtunatly they dont have it in wmv format so it could be played on any windows media player without downloading quicktime,still its a good find top smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"