Topic: electric !!

ive just purchased my first electric guitar , i have been playing acoustic for a year or so but love the sound of electric , what easy n quick to learn songs can i learn to play ?

Re: electric !!

Same ones you play on the acoustic for a start .

henryb's right. Just remember the differance between an acoustic guitar and an electric is the same as the differance between a piano and an organ, less is more.

An electric guitar gives you a chance to change your guitar sound.
Working as a single guitar/vocal act, my biggest challenge was to prevent the next song from sounding like the last. When all your tunes sound alike, an audience will leave your performance quickly and in droves.
The guitar itself has many different sounds you can get by changing from one pickup to the next as well as tone variations.
Adding an effects pedal adds chorus, distortion, slap-back, phase shift etc...
Adding a looper and a volume pedals turns you into a one-man (woman) band.
Next, choose a wide variety of songs to perform including sad songs, silly songs, jazz, blues and heart wrenching ballads.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hi susie and welcome to the forum. I, like you, have also been solely an acoustic player, but love the sound possibilities of an electric. I don't have an electric but if I did, the first songs I would be looking for would be loud with lots of distortion - something to blow the windows out!

Happy NGD (new guitar day)!! - It is customary to post pictures on all NGD threads!! smile - If you can't post pics, at least tell us a bit more about your new axe!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

if i can learn it, you can master it.