Topic: Art and Lutherie

Can anyone help me with a particular model that i just bought from a local pawn store? I cant find any info on the web. It is green in color and has the number 4402046 inside the body.It also has the Art and Lutherie logo on the headstock.I got it for 100 dollars and want to know if i got ripped or not.I can send a pic if you want

Re: Art and Lutherie

Hi jjhayden187 and welcome to chordie!

Art and Lutherie is part of the Godin family of guitars made in Canada. They are a well respected guitar builder and make many models from beginner to expert level, but are highly regarded from all aspects. Does it play and sound worth $100? I'd bet it does and really thats all that matters.

Here's a link to the Godin site - Click on A7L and maybe you can find some more info about your particular guitar.

http://www.godinguitars.com/

I know another moderator here Guitarpix is a huge fan of the Godin line. Maybe he'll chime in with some more info.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Ya it sounds good, I was just wanting to know some more info also. Thanks for the quick response.

WOW top you amaze me.

I own a Godin 5th Ave in black.  A friend of mine brought his girl friends guitar to me to see if I could "fix" it.  It was an Art and Lutherie guitar in the exact same black finish as my 5th Ave. Exactly.  I restrung it with Martin SP's and it was "fixed". I complemented him on his choice of girl friends and gave it back to him. It played really well.

Now available in 5G !

tandm I played a 5th ave at the guitar store, I liked it. I pick it up every time I go in there. does yours have a pick up and if so how is it pluged in

what a long strange trip it's been

Patrick,
Mine is the earlier non-cutaway version with one P-90 Pickup in the neck position, a volume and tone control. The plugged in sound is quite a bit different than the acoustic sound.  The pick up is a bit rock and roll but the sounds that you can get out of it range from smooth jazz tones to acoustic tones to Brian Setzer like stuff.  It's a very versatile guitar when paired with the right amp(s). Even though its an archtop, it's not a huge guitar, so it's very comfortable to hold.

Now available in 5G !

8 (edited by patrickjacques 2010-11-26 13:57:36)

tandm,
I first became aware of the 5th ave through an artical in acoustic guitar magazine, the reviews were very favorable, the artical was along the lines of finaly an archtoptop at an afordable cost, so I had to try one. I was set on buying one but the saleman suceeded on getting me to buy a more expensive eastman. but I still play one every time I am at this local music store that I often go to. by the way maybe you already knew but seagull, art and luither, simon and patrick, richman, norman, lapatrie and of corse godin are all made here in quebec and are all sister companies started by Robert Godin

what a long strange trip it's been

Patrick,
I was aware of the "Canadian Connection".  I was also very happy to purchase a very well made North American Made guitar at a reasonable price.  By the way, the finish is especially impressive.

Now available in 5G !