Topic: Posting Songs

Is there a way to post recorded material such as songs by aspiring artists as mp3s on this website?

"Fly on Proud Bird, At Last You Are Free"
-Charlie Daniels

Re: Posting Songs

No.

I am however planning another service that will allow just this. It has been in development for some time, but it is still not public.

Oh ok   
thank you for Your help!

"Fly on Proud Bird, At Last You Are Free"
-Charlie Daniels

I have discovered chord errors to the song Halfway To Paradise, how do I go about showing the correct chording?

Hi Singist,

Welcome to Chordie and thank you for noting the errors in "Halfway To Paradise".

You need to  transfer the song to your Songbook and make the neccessary correction on there first. (This gives you chance to check that all the alterations are correct). Then highlight and copy your edited version.

You now need go to the Songs section and open the original song and at the bottom of the page you will see a message 'Correct this song'. Click on this and paste your edited version, zap the old one and then save it.

The song displayed will now be your version with a note at the bottom saying that it has been corrected by you.

Roger.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger,

I never thought you had to put a song into a songbook before correcting it.
At the bottom of every song there is an option to correct the song. I have done this a few times and never had the song in any of my songbooks.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Ken,

You are of course right you do not have to transfer to your songbook first.

However the advantage of doing so is you can edit it and check it at your leisure to make sure that all your corrections are right before you edit the original. This eliminates the chance inadvertantly putting in a new error by working straight on the original.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

if u want to add songs add dem in da forum first

I second what Roger has said - moving a song into your songbook prior to editing is the most efficient method.  Once you have made your changes, simply go back to the chordie index, open the original song listing, hit the 'correct' button, and then replace the original with your improved version (copy/paste).

Seems tedious, but it helps ensure that corrected versions are actually improvements rather than quickie hack-jobs.  Once you get the hang of editing and correcting songs, it is easy and very helpful to other users.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]