Topic: Buying a bass guitar for the first time

I've been wanting to buy a bass guitar for quite some time so I'm trying to look into a particular model, but I'm still not sure. I've found this one on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchurian-Elec … mp;sr=1-34
but there are no reviews anywhere. Does anyone have one of these guitars or know of a good quality but cheap bass guitar?

Re: Buying a bass guitar for the first time

Don't know anything at all about the Lindo but Yamaha, Ibanez and Epiphone all make good low end bases.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Haven't played one.  Specs are almost identical to my Yamaha fretless.  Ash body, maple neck, passive pickup...   I really like my Yamaha.  The ash body colors the tone interestingly, but I won't go so far as to say "amazing." 

If you've got the money to risk.  Go ahead.  If you want something a little more sure, stick with the known brands of Yamaha and Ibanez for inexpensive basses.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A Fender jazz or precision bass guitar is and has been the standard for almost all types of music for years. All your best bassists own at least one. I looked for a used fender on Craigslist and E-Bay for a long time before I took a flyer on a Fender "Squier" Precision bass guitar on E-Bay for $200. This included a strap. gig bag and a small Crate practice amp.
The "Squier" by Fender is the cheapie sub brand but I like the sound, the neck and it's like-new condition. It needs setting up because the strings are a bit too high off the neck but I am happy with it.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

okay thank you very much smile

Do share your experience once you buy it.