Re: What's your favorite book???

Bible , it's what I try to live by

On Extended Wings - Diane Ackerman.  Utterly brilliant recounting of Diane's experiences when learning to fly light aircraft.  I have read and re-read it many times.  An inspiring book that helps me through any rough patch in my life.

Lots of good books listed here,I really like to read books about famous people and groups,the beatles ,stones, clapton,beach boys, Henery ford,lee Iaccoa Etc. also love john Grishom books. I can not say I have one favorite.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

"So many books, so little time."  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I've been reading Sandy Koufax "A Lefty's Legacy" not to far into it but really good so far.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse.

Now available in 5G !

I will read anything including the cereal packet at breakfast but I have 2 real favourite books.  Lord if the Flies by William Golding and Animal Farm by George Orwell - both books demonstrate how fragile society can be when one character or a group of characters manipulate a situation to their own benefit and the lengths that some will go to in order to achieve power over others.

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

I am also an avid reader, although the last couple of years I've only managed to read 2-3 books a month.  About 75%  of my reading are books about history, especially about the American Civil War and the Lewis & Clark Expedition. In my bedroom are two 6' tall bookcases crammed with books about these two subjects. 

Michner has always been one of my favorite authors and I've read almost everything he has written.  By far though, my favorite is Allan W. Eckert - his "Narratives of America"  series which includes "The Frontiersmen","Wilderness Empire", The Conquerors", "The Wilderness War"," Gateway to Empire" and Twilight of Empire" as well as "A Sorrow in Our Hearts" and "Dark and Bloody River" describe the Indian Wars and life in the late 1600's to early 1800's here in the Ohio River Valley as well as the Great Lakes and the St Lawrence River drainage.  Although most of his books are long (800-1000 pages) they are captivating reading. 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

"A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving

cameronkl7 wrote:

I've been reading Sandy Koufax "A Lefty's Legacy" not to far into it but really good so far.

Cam

I'm a Drysdale guy myself.   I like a guy that throws hard chin music.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]