Topic: Stop the X Factor

I dont know whether its the same in other countries but every year in the UK the Xmas chart is big news and in recent years it's been overtaken by Simon Cowell and his brand of manufactured rubbish. This year a mate of mine, Tim Hain, and a few others who've been given the big "No" from Mr. Cowell have got together and made a song to try to stop the X Factor getting to #1 this year. It's available to download on iTunes so do us all a favour and download this single, even if it's not your thing it's championing genuine musicians so everyone has a reason to download it, think of it as your annual gift to charity! I've also stuck one of Tims CD's in the "Picks around the World" box that's currently wending it's way to Portugal so if you want to hear more either check out www.timhain.com or stick your name down for the Picks Around The World.

Here's the link for the youtube video and it's on iTunes under the band name Jam Side Up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uu-qpnohnI

Thanks

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Re: Stop the X Factor

LOL fun video Buzz!

this is such a boring and annoying subject. it was getting up my nose when they started putting rival tracks up for people to buy rather than have an X factor no1...it's all a money making con. by simon cowel and the people who want to rival X factor!

here's a cheaper word of advice to those that might be gullible enough to spend their hard earned cash on this nonsense....

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE X FACTOR...DONT WATCH IT!

IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT'S IN THE CHARTS...DONT BUY THEM!

BE A HERO AND SHOW YOUR INDEPENDENCE, repeat after me.....I AM NOT A FOLLOWER, I AM A LEADER

i have not watched x factor for about 4 years, and i dont miss it. or big brother, or i'm a celebrity get me out of here, or any of those other "reality" shows! it's easy to do; change the channel!  there are lots of other tv channels that broadcast a wide variety of programmes, try one.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Amen Phil. 

My wife loves "The Apprentice."  I loved "Survivor" for the first five or six rounds.  Haven't seen it in a long time now.  It's just hard for me to get excited about all the good or bad things that could happen to other people when there are guitars to play in my den, or things getting blown up on Mythbusters.  I like watching things get blown up - the slow motion blowing things up is particularly entertaining. 

So I don't watch any more.  I don't really care what others watch, like, want to see, want to vote upon, or spend money upon.

Top 40 has been pure crap my whole life.  I can't say as Simon Cowell has done anything to worsen it.  He can be entertaining.  He is a master showman - but much of the showmanship is not in his behavior on camera - it's in the edit room.  The guy's simply brilliant.  But does that make me want to watch it?  Nope.  It really doesn't.  I just appreciate his innate ability to tap into what people want and figure out a way to bring it to them.  The idea of having people pay him to call and tell a computer what they want him to deliver to them is an absolute stroke of genius!  So, more power to him.  But not my power.  I'll be watching stuff go BOOM!!!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well said Phill these shows are no real danger to "real" musicians and are just pure entertainment loved by the general public.
Why they get up so called true musician noses is beyond me surely they could do something more constructive with their "talents" than to try and bring the Simon Cowell/ Xfactor winner down.
The pettiness of some people is so odd....
ark

Great Video, really liked that.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Of course it's a money making con.  That's what the guy does for a living.

Having said that, I don't like these shows because it is all about people singing other people's songs.  I would have an interest if it was original acts doing original music.   I know there are some of these shows that have dancers and stuff, but that bores me.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome

There has been a show on Sky in the UK recently that has concentrated on original acts with original music.  It is called Must Be the Music and was won by a 27 year old busker from Glasgow who called herself Emma's Imagination (there are videos on Youtube and she is pretty good).  Judges are Jamie Cullum, Dizzee Rascal and Charlene Spiteri and it is far removed from the X Factor.  It is worth watching for me as all of the songs are original and made available on I-Tunes for download giving all of the contestants a chance to make a little bit of money from the show.

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

bolleauxp wrote:

Jerome

There has been a show on Sky in the UK recently that has concentrated on original acts with original music.  It is called Must Be the Music and was won by a 27 year old busker from Glasgow who called herself Emma's Imagination (there are videos on Youtube and she is pretty good).  Judges are Jamie Cullum, Dizzee Rascal and Charlene Spiteri and it is far removed from the X Factor.  It is worth watching for me as all of the songs are original and made available on I-Tunes for download giving all of the contestants a chance to make a little bit of money from the show.

Ian

Now that would be worth watching.  The odds of it making it on American markets is 0, though.  If it doesn't come with a strobe light and autotune, it can't possibly be popular.

I'm in Europe next month. I'll see if I can't pick it up while I'm there.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I avoid reality shows like the plague for the all the drama and nastiness that seems to creep up in them.  I suppose it makes for great rating to have drama and conflict, but, that's not my style.  Even out takes of bad auditions for american idol, might be worth a brief giggle or two, but, then it gets cringe worthy.

My preference is shows on History or Discovery or a few of the other channels that are fun to watch and have a sort of teaching style;  myth busters, pawn stars, american pickers, etc. 

Mostly, I just stay away from the tube and practice, read or do projects.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg