Topic: What Electric Guitars are good in my price range for a beginner?

I want to buy one for $200-250, maybe I could stretch it to $300. I would like to buy one new, but I might get one used. Im going to learn on it.
(Im not going to learn on acoustic because i know I'll never play it once i get an electric)

What are good quality electric guitars for beginners?

Re: What Electric Guitars are good in my price range for a beginner?

What kind of music? your price range screams "used." Way more bang for your $$$

I got an extreeeemly distresed tele for $200.00 the body was ground to death, someone took a sander to try and remove the finish. But, the electronics and fretbord are in great condition.

Used for sure if you can find one you like, but you'll need to get your hands on it and have someone that knows something about guitars come with you if you're a true beginner and don't know what you're looking at.  Another option is SX guitars.  Good prices, better quality than Squres, but as far as I know you can only buy online without touching them first.  Rondo Music sells them, and does have a fantastic return policy.  I bought my son and husband SX's last Christmas and they love their electrics.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

bearsmith,
Never is a long time. I like my Squire when I'm banging old R&R and it does the trick for me. I have never played an expensive electric so I can't compare. When it comes to getting serious and doing something in public I grab my Yamaha acoustic. With a pickup if needed. Good luck in your choosing.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Bearsmith, Butch 8844's Fender Telecaster sounds like a lot of bang for the buck to me. Playability and quality sound surpass looks for me -always. if I was in the market for an electric, I would have a go at painting that one.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

7 (edited by Detman101 2010-12-13 17:39:08)

Can't beat a used Telecaster or Squier '51 for ease of use and durability.
Those two will also stay with you as you develop as a musician.
I wish I had started out with my Squier '51 instead of the 3 crap guitars I battled my way through before finding it.

Edit: my first 3 guitars weren't "Crap"...they just weren't any good for me.

=\
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

A friend of mine told me he wants to sell his cream colored Fender Squier Strat for $200 plus shipping. Looks new, plays fine.
I'd like to help him. E-Mail me if interested.

Can't you buy them for $199 new?

Baldguitardude wrote:

Can't you buy them for $199 new?

You are absolutely right, sir. My senior moment. sad
I just called him on the phone to get his asking price and he said he'd take $125 for it.
toots