Topic: Hey I'm new

Hey guys! I just wanted to give a quick intro (but I'm not really sure if this is the right thread...). Anyway, I'm Katie. I love playing guitar - but I've only played for like six months - so I'm not too great yet. Your site looks amazing. I've already wandered around a little and found some tabs/chords I was lookin' for, so thanks. Can't wait to get to know y'all!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Re: Hey I'm new

Welcome Katie. You will enjoy this site. It has been a big help to me.

Hi Katie,

Welcome aboard, nice folks here so just jump in and hang on.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

A big welcome to you, Katie.  It's always nice to meet new people.  Come here often and you will learn a lot from everyone here.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Katie,

Welcome to Chordie. Please remember to read the 'Stickys' at the start of each section as there is some help and advice there. Don't be a stranger and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Join the gang smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome to Chordie Katie:)

There are lots of great folks on board that are biting at the bit to help where they can. So by all means post up a question or offer a solution or just join in on the banter. smile
Merry Christmas

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Haha! Thanks y'all! Yup, I know I'm gonna love it here - I already do. Thanks for the advice, Roger. I'll be sure to read my sticky notes. smile By the way, I live in Arkansas, USA. I should have said that in my intro and I need to write it in my profile too... I'll go fix that. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

As a new guitarist I think you will find a wealth of information and a tremendous amount of support from those on this site.  Don't be afraid to ask anything because it is pretty likely that somebody on here knows the answer and will share their experiences.   I only have been trying to play for about a year or so and still find everyone here very helpful.   Welcome aboard!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Hi katie,good to see you chose to jump in and introduce yourself,you will find this site is very people as well as music orinetated,we have members here from all over the world,so enjoy!!.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome neighbor! I am from Louisiana about 9 miles below the line.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hello Auxie and welcome to Chordie.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks. Yeah, Deadstring, I guess we are neighbors! Haha! My mom used to live in Louisiana.

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Welcome to the journey Katie!!!!

Don't be afraid to ask any questions when you have trouble with something. Everyone here went thru the same thing you have/will.

Good luck!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, Katie, Chordie is an amazing resource. When I found out about it, I couldn't believe how many songs were available for study--from Christmas to Classical. I especially like going through public song books to find songs I like but had forgotten about.  Check it out if you haven't already done so.

zguitar wrote:

Welcome to the journey Katie!!!!

Don't be afraid to ask any questions when you have trouble with something. Everyone here went thru the same thing you have/will.

Good luck!!!

If new members and novice guitarists didn't ask "obvious or daft" questions. The rest of us would have nothng to answer.

One man's daft question can have the answer that everyone has been looking for. They just hadn't thought of the question.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

Welcome to Chordie Katie!  I came here in my second day of learning and the folks here are AMAZING!  Ask questions, offer answers, and join in the fun!

Amy

ps... good to see another gal around!  We're a bit outnumbered here, but the boys treat us well!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good to see you, too, Amy! Haha, we are outnumbered!
I wish I'd found this site six months ago. I'm teaching myself to play, so I have questions all the time. I've already asked a few questions and got great answers. I just hope eventually I can help someone else out.

Thanks!

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Hi Katie !
I'm new here also, These folks sure do welcome folks nicely.
I'm hoping to learn and maybe help at some point... I just got to make sure that with teaching myself how to play I don't offer BAD ADVICE..from my BAD HABITS I've learned these 40 some years.. hehehehe... Dat would be BAD.

Nice to Meet You.

Yeah CCString - I taught myself to play guitar too, and I'm amazed that as a student I'd stick with such a bad teacher.  No accounting for taste, eh?  :-)

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nice to meet you too, CC. Fun place to hang out. I think we're both gonna learn a lot. smile

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

hi katie welcome to the chordie family,there's a wealth of talent on here all there if you need them,they've helped me loads these past three and a half years,i'm still a amateur player,only use first three frets and no more than twenty chords,just developed my own technique and rhythm with what i've learned and chordies helped with my songwriting,can't read or write music scores though but the more experienced artists soon catch on to a song or help develop what you want to achieve from it,just have fun learning and we'll look forward to your first song posting.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Great to meet you, Daddycool. You write songs? Wow, that's really amazing.

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Hi from the chilly UK, and welcome to Chordie, Katie, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic