Topic: Need Info

Jost got used guitar need info.
Takamin &Co
Model F400
Serial 79010040

Have ben told it is the one C F Martin sued over.
I picked it up for 300.00 it is 95%mint.
When made and any info will be great.

Thank You

2 (edited by dada 2011-01-02 16:49:14)

Re: Need Info

i think you mean..TAKAMINE....if so
follow this link......http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1128&sid=351

Go WINGS..and Tigers,Lions and Reading F.C...C'mon Royals

One "secret" about Takamines (and others) to keep in mind is a suffix "s" usually indicated a solid top. The F400 is a laminate guitar. Not that there is anything wrong with that (Seinfeld), all three of my guitars are laminates. I refer to them as the "Silence of the Lams". Hannibal Lector would be proud!

I believe that would be a '79 year model. Nao is correct about the S suffix on taks indicating solid toped models...

Just for a little back ground on the lawsuit models....  Takamine was originally contacted by Martin guitars to build build their Sigma guitars. Takamine already had a large supply of their materials and build plans when Martin backed out and went with a different company for the project. So Takamine went ahead with the guitars under their own name....  So basically the older "lawsuit" Tak's are the same guitars as the Martin sigma's.... Many believe the Taks were better built and sounded better tonally than the production sigma's...    Oh, and there never was a lawsuit, just a threat of one.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]