Topic: Do good guitar players play guitar hero?

I am planning on becoming really good at playing the guitar but i love playing guitar hero too...would that be weird if i was really good at the guitar and played guitar hero still?

[url=http://www.healthproductreviewers.com/zen-colon-cleanse-reviews.html]Zen Cleanse[/url]

Re: Do good guitar players play guitar hero?

Alleysmith,
I suppose I am a guitar player. (I like to think I am.) I do not play Guitar Hero nor do I have any interest in it. For me it's about as realistic a simulation as the PC-based flight simulators are to actually flying: always frustratingly disappointing. I think my limited time is better spent with a real guitar although any listeners might disagree.
David

I'm not a good guitar player, but I know the muscle coordination is much different on Guitar Hero

Hi alleysmith welcome to Chordie,I consider myself a fair guitarist and I dont think you should give up something you enjoy I dont see any harm in it have fun life is to short! smile

alleysmith wrote:

I am planning on becoming really good at playing the guitar but i love playing guitar hero too...would that be weird if i was really good at the guitar and played guitar hero still?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm with Russell.  If it blows your skirt up, do it.  No shame there.  Guitar Hero is a game.  Nothing wrong with games, but Me not being a game person, to speak of, I would rather use my energy working at becoming better ion the real thing.  Good luck on both.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I've tried but am horrible at it!

alleysmith,I have seen some people trying the new version with the real guitar,I think you would need too keep real playing a good distance from the game.It will get you in shape for real playing though. I think you should play the game if you enjoy it,and do not expect it to improve your real playing ability.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I only play so I complain when I loose that I can actually play that song on guitar. Yes my non guitar playing friends hate me.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

9 (edited by arkady 2011-01-07 18:41:05)

Hi alleysmith
Welcome to Chordie.
I think I'm a reasonable guitar player when I had a go at guitar hero I was rubbish. I guess if I took the time I would improve but I rather play the real thing.
I think it's just another xbox play station game and should be treated as such just a bit of fun nothing like the real thing as all the games are.
ark

From all my reading in the forums here, it may be possible that Claude Johnson teaches guitar hero.  What do you guys think.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

cj-5 wrote:

I'm trying to learn the guitar, Don't know much yet. But I must be really living in the dark because I have no idea what guitar hero is.

I tried the Claude Johnson stuff but found that to be a mistake. Now I'm very skeptical about buying any beginner series off the internet.

Any suggestions on a (REAL/PROVEN) beginner course I can look into without getting burned?

Welcome to chordie cj-5. Here's an often recommended beginners course that is free!

Justin's Beginners Guitar Course

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-B … Course.php

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

12 (edited by KAP54 2011-01-07 21:52:29)

I don't play guitar hero but hey if it's what your into and your having fun then keep at it. I'm sure there are lots of players that play it but they would all prefer the real thing. smile

PS cj-5 Welcome to Chordie. smile

There's lots of free and good tutorials on Youtube.

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I love Rock Band.  Its way more fun than it aught to be, and there aren't too many games you can play with your kids that are fully cooperative rather than competitive.

It ain't gonna teach you a thing about guitars, though.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

+1   I love playing Rock Band with the kids smile   Heck sometimes after jam sessions me and the guys will play for a few hours....  I've always been a huge gamer though.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

cj-5 wrote:

Thanks Guy's,

I'll check out your references. I've been basically learning on my own.  I'm learning how to read music and have been picking up a few things here and there. It's working be very slow. Hopefully I'll be playing full songs before long. I need all the help I can get. I'm looking for something I can watch on my DVD so I can make my own schedule. I wish I had someone close that I could get together with to answer questions. But unless I have lots of $$$, it's not going to happen. Hopefully I can ask them on Cordie and maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks again,
Bill

You don't need to spend lots of dough to learn how to play. If you have questions this board is one of the best I have found as there is not one question that I have not gotten an answer for nor is there a stupid question. Learning music is fine but,at the risk of pissing all those who have learned to read it,you don't need to do so to learn how to play. Many of the tabs, if not all, found on the internet have the chords for the songs on them or the tabs show you where to put your fingers. The tabs can be downloaded so you can make a book to take with you. There are many free applications for learning the guitar that may be found on the internet including chord charts, tuning apps, etc...There is one app called Alchemy that shows all of the scales and has thousands of chords. Youtube is great for listening or watching the original artists play the songs or even watching amateurs cover the songs. It is especially helpful to know how to do the strumming patterns or picking for the songs. don't let your lack of money limit your learning.

good luck.

My wife bought it for me when it first came out. I loved it...at first. When I started getting good at it I realized I'm spending all this time learning how to play a song on this toy, when I could be learning the same song for real. I haven't played it since. I do think there are good attributes to it. Developing rythem and timing, song structure. I also love how it exposes kids to RAWK, instead of cRAP. The black friday sale at the local guitar center after the first year of Guitar Hero was pandimonium. Every mom, dad and grandparent was in that place buying thier kid a shiny new real guitar. I loved it. The guy working the cash register was trying to go so fast that he only charged me 200 bucks for a 400 dollar guitar AND I had a 20% off coupon. I tried to tell him but he already swiped my card and said forget it.