Topic: resonator

looking to buy a resonator guitar anyone have any recommendations maybe a rating or opinion thanks

Re: resonator

I have a dean steel  body resonator.It takes a little getting used to.They are fairly loud,look extremely cool,but they are not low maintenance.At least mine isnt.I am onstantly adjusting the tailpiece to  eliminate buzzing.Once you get used to the quirks you will find it to be quite versatile.The sustain leaves a little to be desired.Try out a steel body and a wood body if possible.I liked the wood fender but I bought the dean sight unseen.(special order)and wish I bought the wood fender.Try them both then make your decison.Then once used to it watch out.You will have one cool looking guitar to show your friends.I have never had anyone call it ugly

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Joey is correct. Mine's a bell brass chinese clone.  Loud as all get out but it is heavy!  Mine doesn't have the buzzing tail piece problem but the headstock did break off once.  It's fine now and I love playing it.  Resonators are not really the kind of guitar you want to strum.  Strumming sounds muddy. They sound better in open tunings and played with a slide or finger picked.

Now available in 5G !

These look very nice and Agile has proven to be a very good brand.
http://www.rondomusic.com/sgm400e.html

I have a cheap rouge resonator and I love it.  they are versatile. I prefer a glass slide over a metal one. I love to finger pick on it. I got mine for about a hundred bucks through musicians friend.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat