1 (edited by jerome.oneil 2011-01-04 17:42:18)

Topic: NFL Playoff Picture

I'm embarrassed to see that my beloved Sadhawks are in the postseason with a losing record (7-9), something thats never been seen before.  As a testament to the sad state of affairs in the NFC West, though, it makes for a great gambling opportunity.   Vegas oddsmakers have the line on them winning the Superbowl at 100:1.  I'll be in Vegas tonight on business, so I'm putting a $10 bet on 'em, just for the lulz.   I fully expect them to get crushed by the 'Aints, but hey, that's why they play the games, right?

My Superbowl predictions.

New England (with Robot Tom Brady) over Philadelphia by 6.

In other news, surprising no one at all...

Stanford over VT  40-12 in the Orange Bowl.  smile

Oregon v Auburn is going to be an epic game.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: NFL Playoff Picture

hey jerome,the nfc west is pretty sad,I am a forty niner fan. I pretty much seethe pats doing it again they have their act toghter.I don' watch enough collage ball to predictions on them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

No kidding. Imagine how Giants fans are feeling right now.  10-6 and you're out.   Out here in the weak west, 7-9 makes you the champion.

Sometimes it just ain't fair.

4 (edited by wlbaye 2011-01-04 20:20:42)

Jerome ,
There are alot of things that don't seem right with the NFL but I like the format and think it's for the best. I love the Colts but would hate to be in there Division, that would seem unfair also. Peyton will grow old one of these years and another team will rise to the top and the cycle goes on. The 49-ers are getting hungry again and I can see them returning to the top soon and you will have a west coast team to cheer for again smile

GO BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

Jerome ,
There are alot of things that don't seem right with the NFL but I like the format and think it's for the best.

Yeah, as much as this year turned out all wonky, there really isn't another way to do it. If you're going to have divisional champions, the winner has to be represented no matter what.

Hey, wait, I have an idea.  Lets let the computers rank the teams and take a poll of reporters and coaches to decide the champion!  It can't possibly fail!  wink

The playoff system works. Sure, there were some less than strong teams in the West but so what? They won the division. I enjoyed Rams v. Hawks game. It was "win and in theater"; what more could a fan ask for? I'm a life long Pats fan but we're not forgetting 07.....

Sure, the Seahawks might not scare me but there are several teams that do. It's going to be fun.....

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Well I sure wasn't expecting that!

jerome.oneil wrote:

Well I sure wasn't expecting that!

I don't think anyone did but it was great to watch

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi jerome,congrats on your team winning,did you win any money in vegas?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yeah that Seahawks game was highly unexpected, but hats off to them. They have no pressure on them so thats in their advantage, but when it's all said and done, I think The Pats win it all again.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

dino48 wrote:

Hi jerome,congrats on your team winning,did you win any money in vegas?

So here is the saddest tale of my life.

I'm sitting in the sports book at the Palms.  I'm looking at all the bets on the wall, and just kind of vegitating because I was really tired from the conference I was attending.   The line on the Sadhawks winning the Superbowl sat at 85:1.   The spread on them winning this game was -10.5 and had a number somewhere around +14,000.    The guy in the lounge chair in front of me is smoking a vile cigarette.    I say to myself, "Jerome, lets go to the buffet and get some prime rib."

So I did.

The end.

sad

cameronkl7 wrote:

Yeah that Seahawks game was highly unexpected, but hats off to them. They have no pressure on them so thats in their advantage, but when it's all said and done, I think The Pats win it all again.

Cam

Indeed.   As an aside, I'm glad Green Bay beat Phili.  In another "never gonna happen" scenario that I'm happy to be wrong about, if Green Bay beats Atlanta, and Seattle beats Chicago, the NFC Championship game is in Seattle.

Seattle actually has to win the Superbowl to finish the season with a winning record.  That's pretty awesome.  big_smile

Thank you Seahawks, I won my proline ticket with Seatle to win, Green Bay to win, and Baltimore to win.

Wager  $ 2   -----      win-  $  87.50

sweeeeet,     of course I bet on NFL every week and rarely win.  whats two bucks  lol

badeye     cool

one caper after another

good for you badeye!!,sorry to hear you did not win any money jerome,that little bit could have been alot.

My Saints are one and done. I now support the Seahawks  to replace the Saints as the biggest underdog to win it all.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

The " BRADY BUNCH " all the way!!!
JV

Just watched pittsburg, beat the ravens,it was areal good game.the steelers really got moving in the second half. I am watching the falcons and packers now,there are alot of hungry teams out there!!

The Packers kicked butt Atlanta never knew what hit them (not that I'm showing favoritism being from Greenbay) lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Greenbay did play great last night, very effecient, they look hungry and inspired, but until someone knocks off New England I'm still picking them to win it all.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Will be kicked back watching the Seattle game on a rainy day off from work.
  Providing the hawks play like last time I predict a victory. Would like to see
  Lynch having a great running day. I've always been for the underdog even if
  I don't particularly care for that team. Like Cam I'd put money on the Pats tho.

Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

21 (edited by dino48 2011-01-16 17:23:56)

The packers look good,they just might be the team to beat,I would choose thier quarterback as the best out of all teams out there. I am just about to watch the seahawks and the bears go at it.  I am watching the pre game show and they are talking how the jets are being fined 100thousand dollars,I just had to wonder what do they do with the money they collect from the fines,anyone have an answer?

Good question Dino. Do ya think they use it for charitable tickets for the
unfortunate? Maybe it goes towards charity in general. End of the year
corporate party??lol      Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

According to the NFL bylaws, all fines collected throughout the season must be divided evenly between organizations dedicated to the betterment of humanity. The following four organizations are not-for-profits whose focus is helping people both in and outside the NFL:

* The Brian Piccolo Cancer Fund
    * The Vincent T. Lombardi Cancer Research Center
    * The ALS Neuromuscular Research Foundation
    * The NFLPA Player Assistance Trust

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi tops thanks for the answer,I never thought about it before but today it just popped up in my head as to where it goes. The bears rolled over the seahawks,now I am going to watch the rest of the jets and pats go into the second half.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets Jets!!

Glad to see pretty boy Brady and the NE Cheaters out!!

ETA - Wow - did I speak to soon?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!