Topic: Might be playing on a stage again

I got asked tonight to sit in with a group and see whether my bass playing fits in with their style.  If so, I may fill in for their bassist when he has to travel on business.  If not, nothing ventured nothing gained.  Praise band again.  Wish me luck - not that I believe in luck. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Might be playing on a stage again

good, uh? Do your best Zurf. Thats all anyone can ask of you.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

God's Will be done.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

best wishes for whatever is supposed to be to be!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Watch the fretting hand of the rhythm guitar player. Sit or stand where you can see his left hand. You can get the chords from that. Stay, mostly, on the root of each chord and keep it simple and you will do well.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks everyone. 

Toots, I already know the chord progressions for most of the songs they'll be doing.  I'll be keeping an eye on his strumming hand and an ear on the drummer so that we can all groove on the same rhythms. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'll bet you do fine, Zurf.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good luck to you zurf,I hope you do well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Alright!!!!! Very exciting....rip it up. I'm sure you'll do great!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Good luck Zurf, though I don't know you personally I do read read all your post and answers. You are very deserving and cooperative and will do well.