1 (edited by OnMainStreet 2011-02-13 04:58:55)

Topic: 'Over You' by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap

Hi!
I'm trying to find the chords to play 'Over You' by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, on the acoustic guitar.

I have their old music book from '68...unfortunately it has every tune but that one, and I can't find the chords for it anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Den

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDEV13DlIs

Re: 'Over You' by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap

I'm searched and am surprised that I couldn't find anything for this song, it must have not been so popular.  Perhaps another member will jump in here and try to help out, if you're still looking????

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hello OnMainStreet,
The beginning of the song and verses are D major 7th to E minor (back and forth). Then you have G, G minor, D maj 7 to (E minor (twice)) then B and a run down over "All of my time" - C, B minor, A, G and G minor twice. Back to D maj 7 to Em for the "Over you" lyric.
The rest of the song is the same as the first part.
I forgot how pretty this song is. Vocals are too high in this key for me at my age.
Good luck with it,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Wow! This is great! I had pretty much given up on getting an answer. mekidsmom thank you for searching and your efforts.  tubatooter1940 thank you for the chords; they sound great!

That song brings back a lot of memories.

Many thanks and best to you both.
Den

OMS, we're glad you posted in. Welcome to chordie.
Post back in later, if you will.
We'd like to hear what you're up to with your music.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks Tubatooter, heard this on the way home tonight and I had most of it figured out in the key of C. (C-Dm) Now I can transpose.

Do anyone out there Remember a song called "Think twice" By Jay and the Pedestrians? If so I sure would like the guitar chords to it. thanks

Buddy Holly, you'll likely get a better answer by starting your own thread with the question.  Adding a new song request to a previously answered post won't get too many looks.  I did do a google search and came up empty though (apparently Eve 6, Celine, and Dylan's songs with the same title are readily found.)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.