1 (edited by bud_wiser 2011-02-09 21:40:40)

Topic: New EP Recorded

Evening all,

Firstly, sorry I've not been about much.....I've missed the Chordians and all the associated banter. Hopefully my sabbatical is over for now.

Anyway, one of the reasons I've been so quiet of late is that I've been busy with the band and I'm happy to report things are going well. We've got another gig coming up in Glasgow on the 19th Feb (let me know if you're available to go and I can pass on the details).

The other big news is that we've just recorded our first EP. This will be available to buy and also download via iTunes soon. Can't wait.

In the meantime we've made this available via Soundcloud. The link is: http://soundcloud.com/thecore-1

It would be great if you get a chance to check this out. Any comments etc would be greatly appreciated as we're very proud of it and we're trying hard to publicise it. As 5 old chancers we know we're up againt it from the off so your support would be massively appreciated.

Thanks for listening as always,

Mark

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Re: New EP Recorded

Sounds really good Mark.... Accept Your Fate is my fav so far...Outta Time has a "U2" feel to it ...Job well done guys...

Wow...Congrats and good luck... Sounds excellent

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Good job.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Sounding good, my friend. Send me the gig details. I really want to be there.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hey Mark smile  Kudos on the great news. I just had a real quick listen to all the tracks and they sound real good. I'll  listen to them complete in a bit as I'm back out the door. Definitely a U2 feel to your music smile

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Sounds good Mark!  Keep on keeping on!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thumbs up!  Good luck too!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI7y9ivs5Y[/url]  lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyW2SEHfzM[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WeJjPLqyQ[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcYALHslEY[/url]

Very good Mark.  I like the sound

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Double thumbs up!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks guys. Means a lot to get such nice feedback from the Chordians.

Actually we've had this remixed a bit today actually. To bring the vocal levels up in a few tracks and fix one or two other wee things we weren't 100% with. I'll re-post when it's ready but glad we've done it.

Al, I've emailed you the gig details buddy. Let me know if you don't get them and I can re-send.

Take care everyone and thanks again for the comments.

Excellent. My only criticism of the tracks would be that the vocal levels were a bit low. Glad you sorted it. Trying to talk my brother into coming along.

Very nice Mark. You guys got it together! Hope your adventure takes you where

you want.   Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Thank you all so much for the kind comments. I can't tell you what that means....I really appreciate the views of the Chordians so to get the positive feedback we've had is amazing.

For info, the tracks have been "sorted" i.e. we turned me up on the vocals and knocked a few wee edges off the recordings that we only heard post production so the above link should now take you to the new and improved recordings. Probably worth mentioning that these sound infinitely better through good speakers or headphones and not through a treble-tastic PC or laptop like mine is.......but most of you will already know that.

Thanks so much for listening as always.

Mark

What can I say?

Well, I'm relly glad I decided to go along to the gig. Brilliant evening of local talent. 5 bands, 2 standing out above the rest. Of course the only one I'll mention is The Core. You guys were fantastic, Mark. Excellent, "mature" musicianship and a strong singer. A rowdy crowd always helps thing along too. And the place was jumping.

Very nice to finally get to meet you too. If I hadn't been on my way back from the little boys room I may never have, quite literally, bumped into you lol

Thanks for a great night.

Al V

Al,

Thanks so much for coming along. I can't tell you how much I appreciated it.

It was a good night and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The rest of the bands on the bill were extremely good, I sat and listened to them all through soundcheck and some of those young guys (we've already established that we were the "experience" on the evening) can really play. Ahhh, youthful exuberance! That must be nice....

We had to cut our set a little short as the night was running way over time but no matter, the show must go on. I had a blast and you're right, our crowd are a rowdy bunch....which I love and I like trying to encourage them to even rowdier heights.

Roll on the next gig, I'll certainly keep you posted and hope you can come along again as I didn't get the chance to buy you that beer I'd promised you.

Good to meet you Al, speak to you soon.

Mark