Re: Why did I wait so long?

Nice story Toots!  All of you really, it's great stuff!  I've considered going to some nursing homes myself Dadstring, but just haven't pushed myself enough yet to do it.  I'm scared.  I think I'm scared to sit there by myself and sing in front of people more than anything else as I haven't done it too much.  I still need to work on that stage fright.  I imagine a nursing home though would be a great place to do it.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Mom,
   I believe you would enjoy it and I know they would. Some of these folks get no company and the rest  don't get more than they can handle. They are starved for attention and they appreciate any effort put forward. Al

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

MKM, maybe if you went with another guitar player it would give you enough support to deal with stage fright. It would also be fun to work up some tunes with another player.
I know they would enjoy you. I do.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I was given a trophy! All my life I was envious of those earning trophies but never had enough ability in the right areas to earn one.
   The other day one of the Nursing Homes called and invited me to a lunch today for all the folks who do volunteer work there. I decided to go and at each table setting was a little plastic,gold and about 3 inch tall trophy for each volunteer to take home.The thought and meal were enjoyed by all. I will cherish it.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

MKM, as a female you gotta be careful around them nursing homes. All them old menfolk will be full of them vigra pills and the womenfolk will be caring them walking sticks. You show the guy's too much attention and the ladies will beat the snot outta you. Now, as a guy, I can wup the menfolk if I need too and then I got me a whole house full of GROUPIES! Ain't life grand.

Nela

Good for your Deadstring!  THAT is great!  Be proud of that little plastic statue.  smile

NELA!  lol  You are so funny!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well my jaw hit the floor last night! A man stuck a check in my pocket and said take care of that.He does it a lot because I belong to a ministry that distributes Bibles and he often donates to this cause. I didn't even look at the check until I got home. It was made out to me for $XXX. I called and asked what was going on and he said he couldn't sing but he wanted to support me in my nursing home ministry so he wanted me to have some gas money for the next 12 months.
Who said we don't come in contact with Angels unawares?

Thats good news deadstring,glad too see you are helping those people,it is sometimes painfull to see the condition of some of them. You might try to go too a vetreans hospital and play, They get good care but not too much company or entertainment.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wow man, you are such a blessing!
I congratulate you and I know the Lord is gonna bless you real good.
Keep up the great work!
(Proud to know ya!)

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

It just proves God can do uncommon things with common vessels.we just need to be willing.

Everybody who posted in this thread to now is right down on it.
Music, like many other fine things in life is better when shared.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?