Topic: Vox LE multieffects

Greetings Chordians!
Relatively recently I aquired a Vox Tonelab LE multieffects unit.  It's quite cool and quite versitile, and as I get into it more deeply - holy smokes - this thing gets complicated!  I am specifically stuggling to understand one of the Tap Tempo delay settings.  Vox calls it the "Factor" though I believe other manufacturers might use some different terminology.

My crude understanding of it is that it adjusts the timing of the delay somehow related to the bpm and/or the relationship between the "tapped" delay timing and the response to the pick attack...but sheesh, I don't get it, and I can't really tell the difference when I experiment with cycling through the various "Factor" setting options.

Anyone out there have experience with this device, or can someone explain the "Factor" to me.  I've heard some folks (much better players than I) refer to this type of setting as a U2 style delay.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <

Re: Vox LE multieffects

Are you familiar with tap tempo delays in general or are you looking for information on this "Factor" product specifically?

Re: Vox LE multieffects

Sorry Balddude - I should've been more precise:
While this is my first run at a tap delay, I do understand the concept and the act of tapping the delay time.  My question is regarding what might be used as a "dotted 8th" delay (or variant).  Here's the text from the manual concerning this feature (and this is really all it says about it):

"FACTOR VALUE KNOB 5 SETTING
If the MODULATION effect’s SPEED parameter or the DELAY effect’s TIME parameter are assigned to a control switch, you can set the MODULATION effect’s LFO SPEED or the DELAY effect’s DELAY TIME by the interval at which you press the control switch twice. When you do so, the interval at which you actually press the pedal will be applied to the parameter at a “factor† (i.e., multiple) of 1/6, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 1, 4/3, 3/2, 2, 3, or 4, according to the setting of the FACTOR parameter (value knob 5)."

...um, huh?

I'm not really using the tap for modulation - maybe someday - so just ignore that aspect.  I might be in over my head trying to figure this out (duh, that's why I'm asking here!) but I'm hoping that an understanding of this feature might help me move up a notch in my ability to manipulate the signal processor, and thus raise the bar on my overall playing and adaptability.

Again, any help understanding this would be greatly appreciated!

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <