Topic: Tattoos

!Who all here is inked up? I'm waiting at my artist's shop, working on my leg piece. He's the best in sin city! I have a tattoo of hendrix and the words "voodoo chile" on my left shoulder. I'm also going to get "Fender" on my left inside bicep and "gibson" on my right inside bicep.....

anyone else addicted to ink?

Re: Tattoos

Hey Baldy,

I have two tats. One is a 3 nail cross on the outside of my calf and the other is my son's name in Japanese on the back of my arm. There are a few more I want to get but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. My wife doesn't like them at all but she lives with it. Everytime I want one she makes a big fuss, but then when she sees them it's not that big of a deal.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a small tattoo on my right forearm.
It looks like a tiny freckle but I swear its a tat.

Honest!!!

I'd love to visit Sin City and get a tat from the best!  My husband actually is a tattoo artist as his "second job"... although I'd say it's more his "true love".  His shop is just down the road from our home.  I've got a few, all from him (I'm a sucker for free! He does do a good job!) and itching for another just haven't made my picky mind up yet!  I've lilies over my heart in memory of our stillborn daughter and an abstract guitar on my right shoulder.  When you get bored... here's a link to a thread here about tattoos from when I got my guitar wink  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14865

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I almost got a tattoo once, when I was in the Army (1971is), but I sobered up before it was my turn!

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

No ink on me, but my avatar is a design that I came up with when we were joking around about making tattoo designs for mekidsmom's husband to do as a show a while back.  I think Selso does some body art, but that could be my faulty memory. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

whitewater55,
   I didn't sober up that quick! Air Force 1963,Amarillo,Tx. I spent $3.00 for an Ace of Spades with "Tuff Luck AL" under it.Never was satisfied with the quality so I wear a lot of long sleeve shirts.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I survived 4 years in the Navy without getting any, just wait till they start running together and your 70, the grandkids will be laughing

I've never gotten one.  Have thought about it, just never done it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My body is a temple.
Anybody wants to mark it up needs to rent the space.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

LOL - temple. There are pyramids newer than your "temple". (just kidding - don't get mad at me) smile

But I hear what you are saying, the Great Mediterranean Pyramid Bank of Giza just wouldn't be right.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I appreciated the laugh, topdown. toots' temple.  I'm getting a visual on that.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My body is a temple in ruins.

I've got a tatt that says "shorty" usually - on second thought, that's an old joke and there is no need to go there.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

14 (edited by deadstring 2011-02-25 00:46:03)

tubatooter,
   I agree. Mine too is a temple but at that point in my life it was just the devil's workshop. God is Good!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

15 (edited by tubatooter1940 2011-02-25 17:59:31)

No offense, Topdown, 'Tis true that I am older than dirt.
I used to have a houseboat right on the swimming beach at Pirate's Cove  Marina. Just happen to have some binoculars aboard so we could check out all the tats (tramp stamps) on all the bikini-clad, redneck,beach bunnies. They had so many, sometimes it was hard to make out the lady underneath all that blue ink.
The only thing that forced to me move my boat out of that primo boat slip was Hurricane Ivan. sad
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

We digress

Lol. I, unlike you, love tattooed women....particularly when they're on my boat. Maybe just a generational thing. smile

Ive got more tatts then i know what to do with!! Ones that stick out are the two hearts with my kid's name in the middle. Ive given a few too. Ive got brave friends. I love'em and I love women with tats too. But thats just this mans opinion.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

If I could remember how to post pictures I would.

Reverend Horton Heat

deadstring wrote:

whitewater55,
   I didn't sober up that quick! Air Force 1963,Amarillo,Tx. I spent $3.00 for an Ace of Spades with "Tuff Luck AL" under it.Never was satisfied with the quality so I wear a lot of long sleeve shirts.

Deadstring, I live in Amarillo not to far from the old base. What was the name of it?

Reverend Horton Heat

I do not like them to much,but small one's in the right places look ok sometimes. I saw a picture some years ago of a guy who had two yosimite sam back off ( like the mud flaps) done on the backs of each leg. I thought that was cool.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

selso wrote:
deadstring wrote:

whitewater55,

Deadstring, I live in Amarillo not to far from the old base. What was the name of it?

Not sure if you mean the name of The Air Base or the name of the Tattoo Parlor. The Air Base was  Amarillo Air Force Base. I was there for Tech school from Feb.-June 1963 to train to be be an Airframe structural repairman. Sheet metal man for short.
I do not remember the name of the tattoo parlor but I think it was on Polk street. I also remember doing a lot of roller skating at a rink that may have been on Polk street also but I'm not  sure. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.
    We went through Amarillo going to Colo. last year pulling our camper. Spenta night in the bottom of Palo Dora Canyon. AWESOME!

I meant the airbase. I drive by every day and being from a military family it intrested me. Do you know why they closed it? Sorry i dont mean to high jack this thread.

Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

I meant the airbase. I drive by every day and being from a military family it intrested me. Do you know why they closed it? Sorry i dont mean to high jack this thread.

Yes. I don't mean to hi jack either but I think the closier was do to cut backs at the time. While running asearch I came up with this and havn't had time to search through it all. I think you will enjoy it.
http://www.amachron.com/amarillo_graffiti2.htm
there should be a part 1 somewhere.

selso wrote:

If I could remember how to post pictures I would.

pssst... we have a how to here:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14150

now, get those pics up!  You can link to facebook pictures too smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.