Topic: Pre Wired Pick Guard

I just put one in my fender Squire last night. I don't know all the tecno jargan about it. But, it's made by EMG. For anyone who is getting bored with a cheap guitar. Save up and buy this upgrade. No solder. Easy install. Took me about ten minutes. I have to tell you though. I have been recharged with the sam excitement I had when I first got the guitar for my birthday four years ago. My only regret....Waiting four years to do it....AWSOME!!!!

Re: Pre Wired Pick Guard

What does it do?

It's like replaceing you pickups with no hassle

Where's the fun in that???

Hi pookp3po, can you put different styles etc of other types of pickups,could you elaborate so we know more?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well it works like this as far as I can tell. There are a bunch of diffrent companys or artist that make or endorse these. they are for people who have never don any work on a guitar before. Or if your just lookin for a quick upgrade. This could be done by a tech in less than five minutes. In fact Martin has a spot on there web site for their Martin custom series. These guitars have 8 diffrent opptions to choose from. Heres the Idea, Plugg and play....Take out your pickguard screws, dissconnect the amp chord jack, clipp the ground wire, The new assembley slides right in, with a few things too hook up. There are some modles out there that do require solder, And some that cost as much as a new guitar.
To get more info ust google " prewired pickguard". Thats how I found them to begin with.