Topic: An Original up for Review

Howdy,

Yup I'm Back,

Here's an original I wrote a while back and I recently changed the lyrics some and I come up with a different progression also. I used a flat pick and a J-45 into a Genz Benz Compak 300 Amp and recorded it with a Zoom Q3.

The song come about after a trip to the mailbox and all that was in there were a stack of credit card applications, and the news of the day was the housing and credit market was gonna take us all down the drain.

anyway here's a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlQKDkHPAYk

Land Of the Free 2

[Em]Living was easy , we[G] spent more than we made. [D]My Father knew better shoulda [Am] listened to what he[Em] said
[Em]We thought life was [G]easy it was all a big joke[D]We're the land of the free[Am] and the home of the[Em] broke
Em G Am Em
[Em]Living was easy [G[and our credit, it was good [D]  If only I’d listened [Am] , if only I [Em]could
[Em]We were livin high [G]there weren't no end in sight[D]Should listened to daddy [Am], shoulda known he was [Em]right.
Solo
(Em) What about tomorrow [G], no let’s worry bout today.(D) Couldn’t miss the party [Am] what would the neighbors (Em) say
(Em) Keeping up with the[G] Jone’s was the American Way(D) Who the hell, had heard of [Am]Freddie Mac or Fannie (Em) Mae
[Em]Well they fought for our freedom,[G] but we done messed it up [D] We're the land of the free [Am]and the home of the[Em] broke

[Em]We thought life was easy[G] it was all a big Joke [D]
We're the land of the free [Am] and the home of the [ Em] broke
[D]We're the land of the free [Am] and the home of the [Em]broke

Later, Wayne P

Re: An Original up for Review

Fantastic - Sell this tune to Willie, it would be a huge hit!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

GREAT you really hit home with this song,is that a gibson acoustic you are playing?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Great song Wayne, soon as I watched the clip I picked up my guitar and started learning it.
I agree with Tops, Willie would make a hit with this one.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Great job Wayne!  Love the lyrics... perfect, and I agree with the rest it's a true Willie song!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

You done good, Wayne. Enjoyed that.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Poignant lyrics more folks should follow your grandfathers advice well done Wayne smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"