Topic: I took off a couple of months

Hi all, I was a pretty steady Chordie visitor for a good while and then I sort of lost contact with my guitar and quit playing for about 3 months.  I just got the bug to start back and now I have to recondition my fingers all over again.  OUCH!!!  I live in Boon Docks USA, Deep Run, NC and I just can't find anyone close by to practice guitar with or to even talk to about it.  I'm getting bored with on line lessons and Youtube lessons.  I tried the Cigarbox guitar route and I never could play that.  I came across this Claude Johnson ad on Facebook where he promises that for $150 bucks I will be able to play hundreds of songs in no time only practicing about 15 minutes a day.  Well I'm no fool, but with the money back guarantee sounds inviting.  Does anyone have any experience with this guys guitar lessons?  Does anyone have any experience with his money back guarantee?  I can't afford to blow $150 dollars but I am wanting to improve and I trust Chordie members to give me the straight scoop.

I'm back,
Tony Espo

tonyespo / 63 year old NEWBEE

I better learn to play fast, I'm already an old fart.

Re: I took off a couple of months

Hey Tony,

Welcome back and you may want to read some of the posts before droppin $ 150

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9437

Later, Wayne P

Thanks for the Link Wayne.  I sort of expected as much about this guy,  but it doesn't hurt to ask to make sure.  I'm placing an ad on Craigslist to see if I can find a guitar player in my area.  I'm surprised that I haven't forgotten the chords I had learned and I still sound pretty good playing the few songs I know.  Thanks to Chords C, G, D, E and A I have a lot of songs I can play, "sort of play" I should add.  Again Thanks for the help.  You can close this topic if you like.  My question has been answered perfectly.  Practice, Practice, Practice.....

I guess that is the beauty of this site.  It brings you close to many people in the same boat.  Glad to see you came back.  My history is similar.  I often played for a few months then stopped for years, over and over all my life.  I finally stuck with it since I retired 5 years ago.  I'm 60 and I can tell you that if you stick with it you will get better.  I still consider myself a mediocre player, but since I have not lost interest in 5 years, I have gotten better at strumming and learning new chords.  Stick with it bud.  We're here for you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I think all of us have been in the same boat, we want to get better and sometimes the ads and the claims of quick success draw us in. I have been suckered in to several that haven't worked. Youtube is a great tool and free to find the song or type of music and lots of free instruction.

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Sup Tony? Good to see you around again smile You know I'm about 3 hrs away but if you ever wanted to meet at a park or something about half way between us one weekend, we could make a day of jamming smile Drop me a line if your ever so inclined!

As a side note I finally got a new laptop so I'm able to webcam again.... If you ever want to jam some online let me know. Audio and video isn't the best (usually has some lag)  but I've played with lots of people from around the world that way.

Video chat with audio feed is free and let's you jam with other people if you can't find anybody local.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi tony good to see you back,I think we all drop out for awile,I have alot of times,I know what you are feeling with the fingers,they will get back soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

YAY!  Tony's back!  Welcome back my friend smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Tony? Tony who? Did we have a Tony on here and I didn't know it? Don't Tony's have to pay an increased FEE to be a part of this forum?

Glad your back - and do like wlbaye said and check out some of the prior posts. Some are very negative.

'pix - very interested in the webcam and some online jammin'. PM me with some "how too" details and maybe we can get together play via the 'net.

Nela

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.  Pix, I promise I will take you up on the offer to video chat.  I have all the computer stuff I need and I have the time.  I just have to get with you and make it happen.  MKM, I haven't seen you on FB lately.  You doing OK?  I practiced for an hour today....  I have sore fingers, but a warm heart from all the fine folks on Chordie wishing me well.