Topic: Acoustic Amplifiers

I am starting to get some small venue gigs.  My nephew and I have formed an acoustic duo.  We call ourselves The Dock Spiders.  We need to purchase a pair of acoustic amps and have had much conflicting advice. So....
Anyone have some input on what type of amps to purchase?
Thanks  The White Rhino

2 (edited by dfoskey 2010-03-16 18:30:03)

Re: Acoustic Amplifiers

How much are you looking to spend? Fishman and Fender are some of the best acoustic amps you can get. It's according to what you really need or want also. I play my acoustic/electric thru a Vox VT 50 modeling tube amp and it sounds as true  thru it as it does unplugged just alot louder. Just go out and try as many as you can. It doesn't have to be acoustic amp if you find the right one. Good luck on your search.

Thanks my friend.  We are looking to spend about 600.00 each.  So the Fender may be an option.  We like the vocal effects as well.

White Rhino

White Rhino,

I think in your price range you cannot go wrong with the Marshall AS50.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod … sku=481034

Later, Wayne P

Don't forget the Roland AC/60 or the AC/90. I have the AC/60 and am very happy with it. It's in the $400.00 price range, The AC/90 is just a little bigger and is in the $650.00+ price range. If I was looking to purchase a new acoustic amp for gigging I think I would be looking into the Fishman "Solo" amp. (Bose makes a similar amp as well) With this amp, at least from what I've read, you can handle multible instruments, and mic's. Kinda pricy - $1000.00 price range - but you may only need to buy one.

nela

6 (edited by papa85 2011-03-08 15:01:10)

California Blonde ll is  all you will ever need. I feel it is the best sounding acoustic amp. But that is just my 2 cents

+ on the AS50D , guitar, mic and drum machine used together ,no problem .

+1 on the Marshall, cracking little amp.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

AER Alpha is what I have been using for exactly the same purpose as you envisage to great success and if the venue warrants it a small folio mixer and use the AER as speakers hey presto mini P.A.

i just got my daughter a ultrasound DS4, it sounds really nice.