Topic: First public performance

Hey, everybody.  Performed in public for the first time last night at one of my church's nursing home services.  Played and sang two songs.  Very nervous, voice trembling, fingers not placing correctly, messing up the lyrics.  Must have been acceptable, though, the pastor wants me to sing in Sunday night's service.

You folks have been a blessing and a help to me.  Thank you.

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

Re: First public performance

The gift is in the giving, not the wrapping.

Excellent.  I was in a praise band for a time.  The key thing we always thought was that we weren't playing FOR the congregation, we were playing WITH the congregation and that the audience for all of us together was the Lord.  I'm not sure if that would make you more or less nervous.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

He rapped too? That's awesome.

srpetty, that is great! I think we get nervous because we are aware of who we are trying to lift up. I also think he allows us to get fumble fingered just to see how we will react.
     I'm up to 3 nursing homes a month and loving it.
      May God bless your efforts.  AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

The worst is past, sir. You accomplished the scariest part and this should liberate you to concentrate on improving your next performance.
Pre-performance anxiety has it's own set of tendencies and we can learn to deal with these as we keep coming back.
Think about what went wrong and take comfort in what went right.
Your next outing will find you better prepared and sounding mucho better. Music is always better when it is shared.
Wait 'til they get a load of you NEXT TIME. smile
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Well done - it does get easier!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll let you know how it goes Sunday night.

Scott
Takamine GS330S

Came down with a chest cold and didn't play that Sunday night.  Did get to play at a retirement home this last Sunday night and you were right, toots.  It went much easier.  Played and sang "I Will Serve Thee" by Bill Gaither then preached.  Got caught up in the song and had a great time.

Scott
Takamine GS330S

Nice. It only gets better, and at a pretty good rate.
Deadstring is right on- but we were made for it, so embrace it for Him!