Topic: Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum

And we wound up jammin' all afternoon!

Just returned from an awesome afternoon of playing, eating and sippin' at the famous Toney Hall's house. Let me say, he is as gracious a host as he is a talented musician. Although his talent is multiple times greater than mine, he allowed me to play some tunes and was gracious with his tips and pointers. He served a nice filet mignon and grilled asparagus for lunch, several rum and gingers, playing guitar with a friend on a beautiful Florida Sunday afternoon - It doesn't get much better than that.

If any of you chordians are ever in the Tampa / St. Pete area, do yourselves a favor and make sure to check out one of Toney's shows. You won't find a more diverse, talented and friendly musician, I assure you. I am lucky to know him and call him a friend.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum

sounds like you had a good day topdown!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Geez.  Sounds like it would be worth the trip. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I spend too much time on Facebook... I was looking for a "like" button there. lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Boy, rum, steak and good music.  You're right it doesn't get better than that.  Glad you had a good time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Tops,
I should arrive in Tampa on 4/27. John Reno and I play three dates in your area. We will update you as our tour firms up.
I can't wait to buy you a cool one.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Jeff is selling himself short. He's a fine guitar player, singer, and a cool, funny, friendly dude. It was awesome just kickin' back and playing tunes. (the rum was especially yummy !) Don't get me wrong, I love playing gigs but adulthood has lessened my free time and opportunities to jam just for the heck of it. Yesterday was fun as heck, thanks Jeffro ! Lookin' foward to the next time.

Peace and Guitars..........

Give everything but up.

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Hi Tops,
I should arrive in Tampa on 4/27. John Reno and I play three dates in your area. We will update you as our tour firms up.
I can't wait to buy you a cool one.
toots

I'm marking it my calendar toots. From what I've seen of Mr. Reno on U-Tube, and what I know of you personally, that is a show I wont miss. Hopefully Toney has a night off and we both can come check you out. Jell-o shots all around!

I was just thinking how lucky I am and what a fantastic group I have met here on chordie. I have had the opportunity to meet / play with: Guitarpix (Chris), Zurf (Zurf) Tubatooter (Dennis), and Southpaw (Toney) - so much talent, many years of professional experience and little old beginner like me has been able to spend some quality time jamming along with these folks - Thats what makes Chordie GREAT!

Jeff you are making me, and I would guess many others, jealous. I would love to have the opporunity to join you guys in a get together................................................. I will just have to keep doing the lottery and keep my fingers crossed smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger - It would be awesome to be able to jam with you and other chordians that are "across the pond". Someone more tech knowledgeable than me should be able to arrange a skype session or some such thing that would allow us to have a virtual jam. Pix?, Amy? anybody else have the knowledge to set up a world wide chordie jam session?

How AWESOME that you two finally got together to hang out.  I was hoping to hear that you would when I heard you were heading to Florida Jeff.  I totally get Roger's jealousy... and am counting down the days till the July Jam Zurf set up! 

A world wide Chrodie online jam session huh?  I've never actually tried Skype myself, I do know that I've had a few webcam windows in Yahoo open at once.  I'm sure there's a way to put a bunch of them in one place.  hmmm... I'll have to think about that one a bit more.  Pix probably does have a little more webcam use than I do though.  Most of the people  I chat with are friends close by so I haven't even used my webcam in a while.  It's an idea though!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

If you figure it out, I'm in.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'll have to find the link but Chordie has a live music page were members can webcam and share audio with each other.   I forget who set it up but will find the link and post it here.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Some time ago I tried an online jam with Doug and Russ but the time delay made it impossible. I hope that it i better now.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Some time ago I tried an online jam with Doug and Russ but the time delay made it impossible. I hope that it i better now.

Roger

Were you playing simulataneously or taking turns?  Sometimes at jams, we take turns.  One plays a song, then the next, etc.  The price of hearing the other guys terrific songs is having to play one of your own when the circle comes around to you.  That could probably be done on-line.  Unless it was chopped up too much in the transmission.

- Zurf

Guitarpix wrote:

I'll have to find the link but Chordie has a live music page were members can webcam and share audio with each other.   I forget who set it up but will find the link and post it here.

Pix, do you know if Yahoo Groups does this yet?  I've always thought it's a functionality that should be included in their free services (although I'm sure bandwith would cause an issue at the price of free)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.