Topic: NGD

I turned 68 Monday and had a great BDay. Wound up with $140 mad money in addition to other great gifts.
Went to the String Shop (added a little to the pot) and came back with a gig bag, a couple of picks, OH and a new 12 string Epi DR-212 NAT. I am impressed with the sound and feel for a less than $200 guitar.
      I told my wife everyone else on Chordie was having NGDs so it was my turn. So far so good.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: NGD

Great ngd deadstring,and a happy birthday. epi's are a good guitar. I love twelve strings but do not like to tune alot. You got a great deal for the price,have fun!!.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sweet!  Now you get to spend half your time tuning the 12 string, and the other half playing out of tune!  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Good for you, deadstring.  Happy birthday and hope you enjoy your new guitar.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

5 (edited by naolslager 2011-03-23 18:32:04)

12-stings: twice the fun, twice the sound, and the only way I know to play two guitars at once. Happy NGD. Enjoy!

Try ELP's "Lucky Man": only four chords (G,D,Am,Em) but with twelve strings that's 48 "units" of sound. How's that for "new math"?

Terrific!  Happy NGD.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy birthday and NGD!

Scott
Philippians 3:13, 14
Takamine GS330S

I want a NGD too!!!

Happy NGD deadstring! I love my 12 string - On some tunes, nothing else will do. You know the NGD rules - pics please!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

My best buddy had an Epi 12 string. That particular guitar was the best I ever saw at holding a tune. He was a new player and his 12 string never had more than one or two strings go out at a time.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks for the B-day and NGD wishes. I will try to get some picture soon. This is something to give you an idea.
Not expenive but nice.
I think I will tune down a notch and Capo.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EA2TNACH/

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Happy NGD and birthday, I too love my 12er and although she is 40 odd years old I have no problem keeping her in tune at normal tuning.

I am sure she will give you hours of pleasure.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I changed the strings on my 12er for a year once!

Ah- see what happens when you venture into one of those evil guitar shops!

They prey on people like us. smile  Happy b-day and ngd!!       Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Yes those folks are awful! I walk in and the young man says hello,can I help you? I said yes, I have Birthday money to spend.The rest is history! There aught to be a law!:rolleyes::D

Lovely!  Happy NGD Deadstring, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY as well!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

If you got rid of 1/2 the strings you'd have something!!! LOL

Butch8844 wrote:

If you got rid of 1/2 the strings you'd have something!!! LOL

You can be locked away for comments like that wink

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Happy NGD and Birthday.  I looked at that exact guitar a few months ago in Greensboro at the Guitar Center.  I would of bought it but my birthday isn't until June and my wife would wonder what that odd shaped package was that I was hiding in the trunk.  Let us know how it plays and how you like it.  June isn't that far away, maybe I'll get some birthday money too.

tonyespo / 63 year old NEWBEE

I better learn to play fast, I'm already an old fart.

mekidsmom wrote:

Lovely!  Happy NGD Deadstring, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY as well!!

Thank You very much.

tonyespo wrote:

Happy NGD and Birthday.  I looked at that exact guitar a few months ago in Greensboro at the Guitar Center.  I would of bought it but my birthday isn't until June and my wife would wonder what that odd shaped package was that I was hiding in the trunk.  Let us know how it plays and how you like it.  June isn't that far away, maybe I'll get some birthday money too.

I am very pleased. It sounds very good and easier to play then I thought. The intro to Hotel California originating in Em chord sounds awesome.