Topic: spinal tap moments and other curiosities

SHOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO OPEN A NEW TOPIC, CONCERNING "funny" things, things you can't believe but happened?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: spinal tap moments and other curiosities

Hi Phil,

I am a little unsure of what you are asking here. If you have an amusing story to relate about Electric, Acoustic, Songwriting etc. then post it in the appropriate section.

If you think there should be a new section for things unrelated to music then post a message in About Chordie or e-mail Pere at admin@chordie.com if you wish to make a private request.

If by 'funny' you mean things that should not be happening on Chordie then again a posting in the apprpriate section or an e-mail to Pere is the way to go.

If I have completely misunderstood you may I apologise in advance. Please feel free to e-mail me if I can be of assistance.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I wrote about the fact if it was possible to create a new index-topic: spinal tap histories, concerning "bloopers" if this is the right word, I mean stupid thins, or funny things, like a drummer who falls down, caused by a bad chair in the middle of a gig, AND secondly, silly facts stories, like the story of the name of a group, like fleetwood mac especially, the sexual escapades in case Jeremy Spencer, who braught a lot of trouble in the group, by having relations with women of other members. A kind of everything you always wanted to know, but didn't dare to ask

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the clarifiation. As you now realise Pere is the only person able to do this.

I do know that at the moment, since the changes to Chordie, he is extremely busy. I am certain he will have seen your request and may, or may not, be able to comment at the moment.

Rest assured that it will be noted and remembered. Just as the sorting of songbook by amount of editing has just come into being after being mentioned weeks ago.

Even though on the surface the Forum seems little changed since the update, there are many things that are different behind the scenes and I would think that Pere will want to make sure that it is all running smoothly before making changes.

I hope that makes the situation a little clearer.

Thank you,

Roger

DON't GET ON THAT PLANE! An artist like PHIL COLLINS perrformed twice on the same day for LIVE AID, but the plane is also responsable for some of the greatest losses of popular music.
Glen Miller  Buddy Holly   The Big Bopper  Richie Valens  Patsy Cline   Jim Reeves  Otis Redding   Jim Croce  Ronnie van Zandt& Steve Gaines (Lynyrd Skynyrd)  Rickie Nelson  John "I'm leaving on a jetplane" denver    Aaliyah   in a helicoptercrash: Stevie Ray Vogan

Who was the guitarist that got electrocuted on stage???  It's puzzlimg me at the mo.
I keep thinking of the geezer from Free, but know it wasn't him.  sad

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

I am open to adding new forums, but I think "funny things" are too "narrow". I think it would be too few posts there. Maybe something like "off topic" or "after work".... Anything. Come up with a good name for the forum (and the forum category), and Ill add it.

How about 'Encore' (as in a little bit more) - maybe too obtuse?
How about 'Odd Riffs' - maybe also too strange?
Haw about 'Backstage Gossip & General Mayhem' . . . . ?

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

How about "Off The Cuff"?

How about "Bits and Pieces"?

How about "Chinwag"?

How about "Chordie's Chat Corner"?

A new category (thanks James) and a new forum (thanks Roger).

As an experiment, I am allowing non-members to post messages in this forum.

Any1 see the time KT Tunstel was playin on the late late show n her guitar string snapped the first time she strummed it???She just played on!!Hehe... My friend also has a away of ''swaying' back and forth when hes playing the guitar.....well he did until he fell off his chair!!

Go see a concert: "the rolling stones", yes THE STONES. Or watch it on dvd.
Although they are playing for centuries, it takes at least 15 minutes before they don't play together in an harmonious way. When they start with "start me up" Jagger will always sing start me up to soon, to late and or false. And KEITH "RIFF" RICHARDS is not longer the super guitar player, since he felt down from that tree in 2006. Still, (I love the music) I have an admiration for those guys. Who among all the chordians has not a relative around 63 years old, sitting the whole day in a chair: it is amazing the way JAGGER still jumps and is running on stage. I am convinced that every gig he is producing so much adrenalin to do this. I know, from standing on stage behind the curtains in front of a crowd like 100.000 people, that I get as non player the same adrenalin shot (probably not that strong) and I admit that seeing and feeling it, seeing so many people in "fire" for their idols, it affects you entirely, even so strong that you start dreaming and thinking: I wish it was all for me.
I just tasted it several times, and I swear the feeling you experience is impossible to write it down in a correct way.

Maybe "MUSIC STORIES"

Roger - thanks for the site its great - I'm telling all my friends

Hi Bobby Moore,

Welcome to the Chordie Forum. However I must point out to you that your praise is to the wrong person.

Pere (admin@chordie) is the father of the site, it is his brainchild and he who has done all the hard work in making the site what it is. Myself and the other Moderators help keep the postings in right sections and eliminate spam.

It is, as you have discovered, a brilliant site, with many knowledgable and helpful members so please bring your friends along to join in the discussions.

Roger

16 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-06-19 20:10:27)

FACTS
_______
THE ROCK CALENDAR:

- January (Elton John)
- February scars (Foo Fighters)
- Death March (Faith no More)
- April skies  ( Jesus and the MARY chain)
- Maggie May  (Rod Stewart)
- June   (Pete Yorn)
- July    (Dashboard Confessional.)
- August and Everything After   (Counting Crow)
- Pale September  (Fiona Appel)
- October   (U2)
- November Rain   (Guns 'N' Roses)
- December    (Teenage fan club.

I could take 2-3 songs  and using it here, concerning the Bee Gees: THE FIRST OF MAY, ROBIN GIBB SOLO ALBUM(s) Do you remember the "famous" song AUGUST OCTOBER?
Other subjects I will deposit here. Who's not (in a way of attracts you.)
The strange thing is that everyone seems to like this topic. I thought a lot of a kind facts, combined with real happened funy stuff. A lot of stories can be placed in a spinal tab topic.
C U tomorrow.
From now of I w

I wrote an article named facts 2, but I didn't put it here on this place, which should contain facts and other curiosity's.
So here a few new facts. THE ARTISTS AND THEIR REAL NAMES. It is just a fraction, I will list the real names of a lot of rappers, one of these days.
- Stuart Goddard                     ADAM ANT
- Vincent Furnier                     ALICE COOPER
- Eleanora Fagan                     BILLIE HOLIDAY
- William Board                       BILLY IDOL
- Leslie Sebastian Charles       BILLY OCEAN
- Robert Zimmerman              BOB DYLAN
- Paul Hewson                        BONO (U2)
- George O' Dowd                   BOY GEORGE
- Charles Hardin Holley           BUDDY HOLLY
-Cherilyn Sarkasian                CHER
- Harry Webb                         (Sir) CLIFF RICHARD
- Love Michelle Harrison           COURTNEY LOVE 
- David Jones                          DAVID BOWIE
- Mark Oliver Everett               E(EELS)
- Reginald Dwight                    ELTON JOHN (don't have a clue about this name)
- Declan McManus                   ELVIS COSTELLO
- Arnold Dorsey                      ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK
- Eric Clapp                            ERIC CLAPTON (you can find that story on Wikipedia)
- Paul Gadd                            GARY GLITTER (though his glitter don't glitter now)
- Georgios Panayiotou             GEORGE MICHAEL
- Hugh Cregg                          HUEY LEWIS

Other like VANGELIS = Evanghelos Odysseas Papathanasiou

Please, help me to find more FACTS, comments: why did they change names and other topics 
we can put here. There are thousands of strange facts.

1972: Leslie Harvey, guitarist of Stone the Crows was electrocuted on stage by a live microphone.

died while practicing his electric guitar, electrocuted because the guitar was not properly grounded, a more famous name: KEITH RELF former singer for the British group the Yardbirds. This happened in 1976

Hi Phil,

I am glad you answered that one. I have been wondering ever since Moddish asked the question.

Thank you,

Roger

I love the fact that "chordians" and "non- chordians" love the site. At this moment, I make different topics like facts 2     facts3
Maybe we (you) can leave it maybe a short while, and after a few days we put them all together in 1 big topic.
I want you still to know that all the stuff I write IS TRUE and can be checked, on wikipedia or other sites. I am just continuing

admin wrote:

As an experiment, I am allowing non-members to post messages in this forum.

Oh great... that leads to like 70000 arguments between idiots on the post argueing for Van Halen/Van Hagar (just an example)

Also leads to a lot more immaturity IME

Just my $.02

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

22 (edited by arkady 2007-07-28 20:30:29)

Hi etc_04

I believe that experiment has been shelved only members can post.

Ark

how about for a spinal tap moment when keith richards "supposedly" snorted his dad

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

never heard that one.
The most IRONIC song I EVER HEARD IS: LEAVING ON A JET PLANE, by JOHN DENVER. That song is in fact so ironic, but I feel sorry for Denver, he composed some great tunes, and he is also an example for the most of us, in our process to improve our skill to play guitar.