Topic: please!

u prbly think im stupid asking this but wat are bar
chords?i keep asking our guitar teacher but she says its to advanced!
please
thanks if u can

u2

2 (edited by Edgefan 2007-06-04 20:37:29)

Re: please!

Hi Overtakers,
Bar or barre chords are partially formed by fretting multiple strings with the index finger.  They can be difficult to play but like everything else involving the guitar, with practice you can master the technique.

EF

thankk u so much!
i think ill try now!lol
thanks again

u2

Try the Bm in the chord dictionary under resources on this site.  That's the one that I started with and just learned.  Don't worry if it doesn't sound great right away, build up that hand strength by practicing.

Your teacher is full of it!!! There is nothing advanced about it. Find an F on a chord chart and learn to make it. It is a little different from an open chord because you use your whole hand. then you can move it up and down the neck to make any major chord. do the same with a Bm. Now you can make any minor chord. After that it's a matter of moving a finger here and there and you can make any chord your little heart desires. Any go f--k teacher who says that something is too advanced needs to be replaced. Nothing is too advanced to someone who want's to learn. Remember there are only 12 tones. Everything eles is a matter of manipulating them for the desired sound. The fact that you want to know is a good sign that you will not have much trouble learnning!

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

american chaos theory wrote:

Your teacher is full of it!!! There is nothing advanced about it. Find an F on a chord chart and learn to make it. It is a little different from an open chord because you use your whole hand. then you can move it up and down the neck to make any major chord. do the same with a Bm. Now you can make any minor chord. After that it's a matter of moving a finger here and there and you can make any chord your little heart desires. Any go f--k teacher who says that something is too advanced needs to be replaced. Nothing is too advanced to someone who want's to learn. Remember there are only 12 tones. Everything eles is a matter of manipulating them for the desired sound. The fact that you want to know is a good sign that you will not have much trouble learnning!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe