1 (edited by naolslager 2011-04-18 11:21:34)

Topic: "Borrowing" the Blues.

Chordites,
I love Led Zeppelin, and from adolescence to present I still enjoy their music. In fact I would say they are my all-time favorite musical group. I am also smart enough to realize there is a lot of “borrowing"  that goes on the music industry but this is disconcerting: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/85271

Still a fan,
David

Re: "Borrowing" the Blues.

It was common.  Sad.  Wrong.  But common.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

dishearting thing was that no credit was ever given. clearly, some of their hits were cover tunes. Wouldn't have made me any less of a fan but I was dissappointed that they never seemed to acknowledge that fact.
Despite this, still one hell of a rock band

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I'm not on the Zepplin bus. Yes they have their place in history as a great rock band, but for me they're just ok.

I agree with the giving credit thing. If you're using someone else's stuff then fess up and give them props. Most of those listed on that page were well known anyway so it's not like they were robbed.

So there you have it, it all goes back to the blues!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

"The blues had a baby and they called it rock and roll"   Muddy Waters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyMeA8Cf … re=related

badeye    cool

one caper after another

I'm not on the Zeppelin bus either. Could never stand the whiny lead singer's voice.
Like someone has his nads in a vise or something...
Same reason I can't stand to hear Prince sing.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Led zeppelin,was and still is one of the greatest bands ever!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino48, I concur!

Jimmy Page and Prince( yep, check him out live if'n you don't believe me) are two of the greatest guitar players of our modern era. ( That's a big ole ding dang period right dare...) Shame on anyone for not recognizing and appreciating their brilliance..... hehe

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.