Topic: Cat Stevens cover - L o n g e r B o a t s

Cat Steven's album Tea For The Tillerman looms large in my childhood musical memories and influence. I can remember still when it first came out and a hippie friend of my Mother brought it over and played it over and over again.
My Mother then got the album and it was played a lot in our house for several years. Weekend mornings tended to be music time and we put this album on the turntable quite a lot!
What a masterpiece by Cat Stevens.
Longer Boats is a deep cut on the album. The song ran through my head so I decided to learn it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-wbpJiCHc

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song

Re: Cat Stevens cover - L o n g e r B o a t s

A1S, I liked that a lot. You did good, buddy.
Like yourself, I am a big Cat Stevens fan. His material is a big challenge for most of us.
"Moon Shadow" is fairly easy to do but I could not get a good enough job on "Morning Has Broken" by myself being only a strummer. The chords were fun though.
"Peace Train" kicked my butt but I was happy when I made my brother cry with "Father and Son".

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: Cat Stevens cover - L o n g e r B o a t s

tubatooter1940 wrote:

A1S, I liked that a lot. You did good, buddy.
Like yourself, I am a big Cat Stevens fan. His material is a big challenge for most of us.
"Moon Shadow" is fairly easy to do but I could not get a good enough job on "Morning Has Broken" by myself being only a strummer. The chords were fun though.
"Peace Train" kicked my butt but I was happy when I made my brother cry with "Father and Son".

Hey thanks for listening and for taking the time to comment on the Tube too!  Cat Stevens has some great songs.
Always liked his stuff just never learned any. I've now covered 3: Longr Boats, Miles From Nowhere, and I Might Die Tonight.
Might work up to more. Great that you made your brother cry, means you put the feeling in.

Original Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/thegilsongs
Cover Songs on YouTube:   www.youtube.com/All1Song